Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Quick release fuel connector.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
    That may be what they're intended for, but if they piss fuel everywhere then they're a failure. Not fit for purpose.
    Anything that leaks fuel is dangerous. I wouldn't have one anywhere near my bike.

Not sure why you'd need a quick release fuel hose connector. There's already one fitted to the Benelli tank. Well, there is on my Tre-K anyway. I don't find it difficult to use. It's pretty easy to disconnect without the special tool. I just press the tabs in with my fingers. I didn't know there was such a thing as a special tool until I read it here!
    Thatís my problem, the tabs have been broken offall I see is what looks like two red discs that the pipe goes into.
    43240Miles.And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4,Replacment clutch plates No 1,New Radiator , 3rd set of coil sticks, DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 4. from 03/06/06 to 27/06/2019.

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    OK. Yes, that would be a problem!
    tonydoc likes this.

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydoc View Post
    Thatís my problem, the tabs have been broken offall I see is what looks like two red discs that the pipe goes into.
    That's why I installed a quick release connector set.
    The bonus is less fuel spillage & easier disconnect.
    tonydoc likes this.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    I don't find it difficult to use. It's pretty easy to disconnect without the special tool. I just press the tabs in with my fingers. I didn't know there was such a thing as a special tool until I read it here!
    My advice Cam, is don't even think about using anything other than the correct tool. Fair play if you can use your fingers to release it, but those tabs are delicate.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Engenia View Post
    That's why I installed a quick release connector set.
    The bonus is less fuel spillage & easier disconnect.
    Fitting tomorrow Quick release fuel connector.-31483b29-201f-4413-8636-6e6c17f9d3b9.png
    Engenia likes this.
    43240Miles.And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4,Replacment clutch plates No 1,New Radiator , 3rd set of coil sticks, DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 4. from 03/06/06 to 27/06/2019.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Fitted brass quick release fuel connector . Quick recap.Brand new coil sticks (3) Brand new fuel injectors 12 hole upgrade from California , Brand new thicker battery cables curtesy of Stingerwolf .Bike started up on second hit of the starter button. Because iím No good with spannerís I have got absolutely zero confidence in my abilities. So hopefully leave the bike overnight for the inner ( plastic )fuel pipe to really nip the brass connector. Put the bike back together and hopefully have a good test ride and not go down the road in a ball of flames .Cheers wish me luck.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    That may be what they're intended for, but if they piss fuel everywhere then they're a failure. Not fit for purpose.
    Anything that leaks fuel is dangerous. I wouldn't have one anywhere near my bike.

Not sure why you'd need a quick release fuel hose connector. There's already one fitted to the Benelli tank. Well, there is on my Tre-K anyway. I don't find it difficult to use. It's pretty easy to disconnect without the special tool. I just press the tabs in with my fingers. I didn't know there was such a thing as a special tool until I read it here!
    If you want that quick release tool (plastic round thing with a cutout bit in it) pm me with your details and Iíll pop it in the post bud👍.

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydoc View Post
    If you want that quick release tool (plastic round thing with a cutout bit in it) pm me with your details and Iíll pop it in the post bud👍.
    Thanks for the offer. That's very generous. But no thanks, I don't need one.

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    OK, after reading the horror stories (on this and related threads) about snapping off the tabs on the fuel line connector, I thought I'd better get myself a disconnecting tool. Quickest and easiest way for me to get my hands on one is to make it.
    What's the point of having a lathe if you don't use it?

I got the dimensions of the tool from the sketch on Engenia's website. Thanks Errol. Much apricated.

However, to make Errol's sketch easier to read when it's pinned up on the board over the lathe, I took the liberty of converting it into a CAD drawing - attached below.

If I had a 3D printer, I'd have drawn it in 3D and printed it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Engenia, mikerj, mihol and 1 others like this.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Latest on my tornado. The new twelve hole injectors are amazing Iíve had this bike nearly 14 years I wish Iíd changed them on the first service. The bike is smooth as anything itís the first time it will run at 30 mph in 6th and not sound and feel like a Harley . Acceleration is a lot more smoother and responsive. Another plus is itís better on fuel Iíve done the same run every Sunday and before I got home I had to put a fiver in the tank just to be on the safe side. Today rode all the way home and still had 2 bars on the fuel gage . That alone is brilliant. Just a quick note if anyone needs the quick release tool for the fuel tank Iíve got a Brand new one just pm me and you can have it 👍.
    DivingDog likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors