Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Quick release fuel connector.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #

Quick release fuel connector.

Can anyone recommend an in line quick release fuel connector that can handle the fuel pressure. . The one Iíve fitted just leaks like a bugger.Name:  3A81BF54-35E9-4E9F-8779-0A19ABBD6A1B.png
Views: 73
Size:  254.4 KBwould be ok for non fuel injection.
    44300 miles .And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4,Replacment clutch plates No 1,New Radiator , 3rd set of coil sticks, DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 5 lithium. Upgraded battery cables.from 03/06/06 to 25/09/2019.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    I tried one of those too .. got it from M&P . It also leaked like Fcuk ! ..
    Gave up and kept its Std .lol
    tonydoc likes this.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
    Ordered another type. If this fails probably have to replace the whole pipe with a generic type because an OE pipe is only available from Italy and itís £80+
    Rick67 likes this.
    44300 miles .And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4,Replacment clutch plates No 1,New Radiator , 3rd set of coil sticks, DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 5 lithium. Upgraded battery cables.from 03/06/06 to 25/09/2019.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydoc View Post
    Ordered another type. If this fails probably have to replace the whole pipe with a generic type because an OE pipe is only available from Italy and itís £80+

ah yes, i had to get a new fuel line ........ but a metre of it only cost me £5 from my local car parts shop
    tonydoc likes this.

Name
    Mike
    Member #
    I don't trust those plastic fittings either, so bought plated brass fuel connectors for my RS. They were quite pricey but have been on and off several times with no problems at all.
    tonydoc likes this.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    ah yes, i had to get a new fuel line ........ but a metre of it only cost me £5 from my local car parts shop
    Yeah ordered some fuel line as well. This easy job has turned out to be a right pain in the arse.

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    Those connectors may be OK for low pressure (eg. gravity feed to carbies). But for pressurised fuel injection systems, you need high pressure connectors.
    tonydoc likes this.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
    Those connectors may be OK for low pressure (eg. gravity feed to carbies). But for pressurised fuel injection systems, you need high pressure connectors.
    Yeah ordered a brass one £22

Name
    Mike
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post

They are intended for fuel injection applications and some manufacturers have used them (e.g. BMW and Triumph), but these connectors tend to get fragile as they age and are notorious for breaking when disconnected/reconnected. Most pressurised fuel line fittings on modern cars are plastic these days as well, but they don't get disturbed very often and seem to be a bit more robust.

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerj View Post
    They are intended for fuel injection applications ...
    That may be what they're intended for, but if they piss fuel everywhere then they're a failure. Not fit for purpose.
    Anything that leaks fuel is dangerous. I wouldn't have one anywhere near my bike.

Not sure why you'd need a quick release fuel hose connector. There's already one fitted to the Benelli tank. Well, there is on my Tre-K anyway. I don't find it difficult to use. It's pretty easy to disconnect without the special tool. I just press the tabs in with my fingers. I didn't know there was such a thing as a special tool until I read it here!
    tonydoc likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors