Lithium battery. - Page 2
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Lithium battery.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydoc View Post
    Just fitted a new lithium battery today, same size but 65% lighter. Also a difference on starting. £103 on eBay.
    Hi,
    Can you give some feedback on the battery? How is turning when hot?

Thanks

Also, according to this thread: https://www.benelliforum.com/forum/t...tery-size.html , the max size is smaller. How is your battery fitting?
    Last edited by Balkan; 09-11-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Battery has been ok, fitted better cables ( curtesy of stingerwolf) Engine turns over a lot quicker should have bought one 10 years ago.battery same size but 65% lighter.
    44300 miles .And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4,Replacment clutch plates No 1,New Radiator , 3rd set of coil sticks, DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 5 lithium. Upgraded battery cables.from 03/06/06 to 25/09/2019.

Name
    Haydn Davies
    Member #
    O the battery's under the rear hump is that on an RS, mines been very handily placed in front of the drive chain so if the chain breaks or or snaps could easily slice through the battery, which would make a bang, i am thinking of moving the battery anyone done this ?
    2006 GSX1400, 2008 Aprillia Tuono Factory V2 Gold Wheels, 2002 Tornado Tre LE #81

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by haydn View Post
    O the battery's under the rear hump is that on an RS, mines been very handily placed in front of the drive chain so if the chain breaks or or snaps could easily slice through the battery, which would make a bang, ...
    If a chain snaps and slices through the battery, that would be the least of your worries.
    tonydoc likes this.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    O the battery's under the rear hump is that on an RS, mines been very handily placed in front of the drive chain so if the chain breaks or or snaps could easily slice through the battery, which would make a bang, i am thinking of moving the battery anyone done this ?
    Only the LE's have the battery mounted there. All other Tornados have them under the rear seat fairing. You will not be able to mount the battery there on the LE due to the different type of rear sub-frame and I doubt you will find another suitable position to mount it on the LE.
    ron d likes this.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Best Buy a good DID gold chain and look after it then you haven’t got a worry.
    44300 miles .And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4,Replacment clutch plates No 1,New Radiator , 3rd set of coil sticks, DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 5 lithium. Upgraded battery cables.from 03/06/06 to 25/09/2019.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydoc View Post
    Battery has been ok, fitted better cables ( curtesy of stingerwolf) Engine turns over a lot quicker should have bought one 10 years ago.battery same size but 65% lighter.
    Can you provide some more info on the cables, are they normal cables from every DIY shop, or purpose made set?

Thanks

Name
    StingerWolf
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Balkan View Post
    Can you provide some more info on the cables, are they normal cables from every DIY shop, or purpose made set?

Thanks
    Define standard, please there are many different versions of cables out there it depends on the specs you want/need
    I use the cables from my supplier for many years now and I'm sure all of my sets still working fine not one bad feedback so far. My cable kit in my Tornado is 10 years old and its working like the first day.

I'm sure a good DIY shop can provide high quality cables, too so you can do a cable kit yourself it is not a mystery have a look at the max. temp of the cables and you have to crimp the eyelett tubes very well and use pol caps for them thats it.

Don't use cheap cables because the cables can get really hot so there is a risk that the bike is burning in the end then.

Gesendet von meinem SM-P905 mit Tapatalk

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Well if I need any cable upgrades for My Trek I'll be knocking on Stingerwolfs door for sure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors