• 3 Post By ianh
  • 1 Post By Kevin S
  • 1 Post By Neil1400
  • 1 Post By yamahamad
  • 2 Post By Neil1400

Thread: Looking at Tornado Tre.

Member #

Looking at Tornado Tre.

Hi all new member go easy on me. Currently Kawasaki zzr1400 owner but thinking about also buying Tornado Tre. Seen one for sale on biketrader reg 2012 one owner 6,000 miles YN12 FAA, anyone know this bike and any tips one what to look for greatly appreciated

Member #
    Welcome!
    Dont know the individually bike but as registered in 2012 SHOULD have had all upgrades done as point of sale.
    Motogb should have a record.
    Personally love the tornado, not quick by modern stds but still enjoy riding it , even with a year old gsxr1000r in the garage.
    Main thing to check is that upgrade z25 gear is fitted, plus later clutch basket.
    You may be aware but 900 production stopped years earlier than 2012, (minds gone blank but finished either 2005 or 2007) so it will have sat in a crate for years. Check it's not on 2005 tyres!
    Other than the above they are great fun bikes to ride and generally pretty solid, just like proper TLC. Enjoy!
    fredzedex, RobShed and Neil1400 like this.
    Pre Benelli, ZR50SL, RS100, BMW R50/5, RD400, CB350K4, GPZ550, CB900, 750 KATANA, GSXR750, FIREBLADE, TL1000S, 955i Daytona, GSXR 1100L, GSXR1000K6.....

Now; 2003 900 Tornado, 2008 900 Tornado, 2009 CR 1130, 2010 1130 Tornado...and the diesels...Ducati 848 for when four italians are not enough... a 750 srad ....when 5 italians are too many.......and now an '81 Katana......for those mid life crisis days....

Name
    Kevin Scudder
    Member #
    As Ian said the main things to check are the Z25 intermediate gear and the clutch basket. Once you have bought the bike take a look at Engenia's website Engenia's Benelli Tornado Novocentro Tre it's got everything you need to make a few upgrades which will improve the bike a fair bit. Don't be scared off by anything there, everything is simple and cheap, just stuff like moving the ambient temperature sensor and guiding the airbox drain away from the spark plugs. It's a simple thing but check the toolkit to see if it has the fuel line removal tool (two diameter plastic cylinder). It wouldn't be a deal breaker but it does make taking the tank off a stress free activity. Check the paint on the lower fairing panels, early versions weren't keyed properly and fell off in sheets. It will be very obvious to you if there is a problem, if the paint looks OK, then it is.

Err......try riding the bike, if you're like me you'll like it so much you'll overlook the shortcomings.
    Neil1400 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Viewed the bike on Saturday it was in very good condition, battery was flat so might need replacing now. Previous owner has been in touch and confirmed some details about the bike which was very helpful so bought it today now awaiting delivery. Will be tight fit in garage have to move the Suzuki so I can move the other Suzuki so the Honda can move to make room for the Kawasaki and the Benelli can have its own space, wish me luck
    ron d likes this.

Member #
    Excellent, welcome to the club. Currently have 4 benellis and 3 Suzukis so feel your pain!
    Good luck with your tornado, enjoy!
    Pre Benelli, ZR50SL, RS100, BMW R50/5, RD400, CB350K4, GPZ550, CB900, 750 KATANA, GSXR750, FIREBLADE, TL1000S, 955i Daytona, GSXR 1100L, GSXR1000K6.....

Now; 2003 900 Tornado, 2008 900 Tornado, 2009 CR 1130, 2010 1130 Tornado...and the diesels...Ducati 848 for when four italians are not enough... a 750 srad ....when 5 italians are too many.......and now an '81 Katana......for those mid life crisis days....

Name
    paul
    Member #
    Hi & welcome, i had a nightmare in the first year of ownership of the tornado, finally got it sorted & love the thing.

paul
    DivingDog likes this.

Name
    Kevin Scudder
    Member #
    Good news that you bought the bike, I hope you enjoy it as much as most guys here do. I have a four bike workshop with six bikes in it too, so I know your problem. And putting a lathe in the corner recently hasn't helped matters. Have you tried keeping a bike in the kitchen?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamad View Post
    Hi & welcome, i had a nightmare in the first year of ownership of the tornado, finally got it sorted & love the thing.

paul
    I looked to see what happened with yours, yes you did have a nightmare kudos for sticking with it. Hoping dont have anything like that happen to me

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
    Good news that you bought the bike, I hope you enjoy it as much as most guys here do. I have a four bike workshop with six bikes in it too, so I know your problem. And putting a lathe in the corner recently hasn't helped matters. Have you tried keeping a bike in the kitchen?
    On our way to Orkney this year stayed in Airbnb nr. Inverness there was 7 bikes in house, harley d, Honda Firestorm and Fireblade in lounge garage was full of bikes and more in shed great place! Suggested we could have the Benelli in house for a while but didn't get approved from SWMBO so its got to go in garage
    ianh and ron d like this.

Sponsors