Tyre comparison advice
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tyre comparison advice

Name
    Sam Baines
    Member #

Tyre comparison advice

I'm currently using Bridgestone bt016 pro, on my 900 tornado(190/50 rear) I've never had any issues with them and have had a few pairs and also have them on my mv f4.
    I Was wondering if it's worth upgrading to the newer bridgestone s21's , these seem to be the dogs' according to all the reviewers and naturally promise more life and grip ect. Has anyone tried the pair , is it worth the extra £50 a set when I have no real issues with the bt016's ?

I'm also thinking of going to a 190/55 rear ? Good idea ?
    Benelli tornado tre.
    MV Agusta f4
    Kawasaki kxf250
    Bmw 330cd
    Instagram- sam.baines22

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyboy92 View Post
    I'm currently using Bridgestone bt016 pro, on my 900 tornado(190/50 rear) I've never had any issues with them and have had a few pairs and also have them on my mv f4.
    I Was wondering if it's worth upgrading to the newer bridgestone s21's , these seem to be the dogs' according to all the reviewers and naturally promise more life and grip ect. Has anyone tried the pair , is it worth the extra £50 a set when I have no real issues with the bt016's ?

I'm also thinking of going to a 190/55 rear ? Good idea ?

Bridgestones 016 pro , a good all round road tyre, not expensive as you say and does the job, they may not last as long as the 21,s but who cares, as soon as the tyres start to wander , its time to change them anyway. I always buy in pairs, none of this two rears for one front . They are a bargain so use them and change when they start to go .
    I use them on 4 bikes and like the set up. Heaviest use is the ,Blade, never get more than 2K, so its a new set every year.

190/50 v 190/55 , the taller tyre rises the ride height , on road riding you will probably never use the edge of the taller tyre, Why buy rubber you don,t use.

Only my opinion mind, we all have preferences

Name
    Mike
    Member #
    I recommend the 195/55 provided you can cope with a tiny bit more ride height. The advantage of this profile is purely for handling rather than grip or lean angles, it makes the bike noticeably more willing to tip into bends. I'm no racer but even I can feel the difference between a 195/50 and 195/55.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Sam Baines
    Member #
    Yea I do rate them, i got a set of pirelli rosso somethings on offer and took them off after 400 miles and threw them in the bin and went back to the bridgestones.
    It might be worth giving the taller profile a go if it improves turn in, the height issue is fine , at 6'4 the taller the better ,
    theirs no 'chicken strips'on the back of my 190/50 so getting abit of extra rubber sounds like a challenge !
    Benelli tornado tre.
    MV Agusta f4
    Kawasaki kxf250
    Bmw 330cd
    Instagram- sam.baines22

Member #
    my two pennorth, tyres are a very subjective thing, it depends on you more than anything else, there aren't too many poor tyres made but some will suit you more than others, the trick is to do lots of miles, wear them out and try everything and stick with what feels best

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dansp1 View Post
    my two pennorth, tyres are a very subjective thing, it depends on you more than anything else, there aren't too many poor tyres made but some will suit you more than others, the trick is to do lots of miles, wear them out and try everything and stick with what feels best

Yep, that,s how I got to my conclusion. Wore out lots of tyres, went down the road on a few. Don,t like Metzlers or Pirelli , did a lot of miles on Dunlops hated Avons. started on BT56,s (way back ) and found 016 pro,s. Ride them on several different bikes. Like I said , Good all round road tyre, Wet and Dry but chuck em away when they start to "wander. " Get a new set front and back and ride on regardless. My experience is if they last a long time , you aint getting the best out of them .

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Almost every bike I've owned recently I've used different tyres on each one . I've tried to stick to a favourite for all but that didn't go well .lol.
    The metzeler z8's were pretty good .
    As were the M7rr's toast after 1800miles haha..
    But weirdly on the Tre K the Avon storm 3D XM seem to suit it well , A Great all round tyre as long as you give em time to warm up .. yes they are good in the wet unless your nailing cranked over in floods .
    I've tried the Michelin pilot road family and hate them all too.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyboy92 View Post
    Yea I do rate them, i got a set of pirelli rosso somethings on offer and took them off after 400 miles and threw them in the bin and went back to the bridgestones.
    It might be worth giving the taller profile a go if it improves turn in, the height issue is fine , at 6'4 the taller the better ,
    theirs no 'chicken strips'on the back of my 190/50 so getting abit of extra rubber sounds like a challenge !

200 55 17 R11 r from Silverstone this May, who says Bridgestone don,t make a good tyre ? Bit more expensive than 016 pro,s but no chicken strips !
    They are halfway between 190 50 and 190 55 on profile stance .Name:  DSCF1136.JPG
Views: 12
Size:  1.67 MB

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
    Almost every bike I've owned recently I've used different tyres on each one . I've tried to stick to a favourite for all but that didn't go well .lol.
    The metzeler z8's were pretty good .
    As were the M7rr's toast after 1800miles haha..
    But weirdly on the Tre K the Avon storm 3D XM seem to suit it well , A Great all round tyre as long as you give em time to warm up .. yes they are good in the wet unless your nailing cranked over in floods .
    I've tried the Michelin pilot road family and hate them all too.

Only time I had Michelin,s were when they were supplied on a brand new bike, good "running in " tyre . chuck them away after the first service .

Sponsors