Does anyone know this RS at Bennetts HF55EHK
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By freeatlast
  • 1 Post By freeatlast

Thread: Does anyone know this RS at Bennetts HF55EHK

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Member #
    12888
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    110

    Does anyone know this RS at Bennetts HF55EHK

    Considering a deal with my MV Agusta F4 750 against the RS that is at Bennetts. It has a couple of cosmetic bits that need sorting. Worst in my opinion being the marks to the swing arm. Other bits, can be dealt with easy enough. We all know that if u r buying a Benelli this is the place to get it from. Just be nice to get a bit of background on it. Cheers. Jim.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Name
    ron daly
    Member #
    8648
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    newcastle upon tyne
    Posts
    791
    Bennetts are superb in my opinion, ask them if they know the previous owner etc, they are usually more than happy to help

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Member #
    14194
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by ron d View Post
    Bennetts are superb in my opinion, ask them if they know the previous owner etc, they are usually more than happy to help
    Exactly,

    Bike is 14 years old, mot history a bit sketchy, obviously been moth balled with under 4 k recorded.
    Bennetts have the V5c and the service book.
    Ask to see them , V5c gives you previous owner and the one before and when it changed hands
    Service book gives you, who supplied it and if the mods were done and when.
    Have Bennetts serviced it ? if so when ?
    How did they get it, part ex or what ? did they know the bike or its current listed owner.
    Any thing iffy walk away and keep your MV.
    ron d likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

  5. #4
    No good with spanners.... fredzedex's Avatar
    Name
    simon stokes
    Member #
    8671
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    Exactly,

    Bike is 14 years old, mot history a bit sketchy, obviously been moth balled with under 4 k recorded.
    Bennetts have the V5c and the service book.
    Ask to see them , V5c gives you previous owner and the one before and when it changed hands
    Service book gives you, who supplied it and if the mods were done and when.
    Have Bennetts serviced it ? if so when ?
    How did they get it, part ex or what ? did they know the bike or its current listed owner.
    Any thing iffy walk away and keep your MV.

    Dont think you get previous owner details any more due to GDPA.......

    Fred


    here's to another trouble free year of Benelli riding

    TNT 899 (2013)
    Tornado 900(sold)
    MV F4 1000 (2010)
    TNT 899s (sold)
    Tornado 1130 (sold)
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.(sold)

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Member #
    14194
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by fredzedex View Post
    Dont think you get previous owner details any more due to GDPA.......

    Fred
    visual inspection of the V5c

    Section 1: gives you the recorded keeper and current doc ref number.

    Section 2 : Z1 gives you previous owner, Z2 when they acquired the vehicle and Z indicates number of former keepers .

    Yes, the old service of paying DVLA for its entire history has been suspended, but you at least have the last 2 and if there were more .

    Have you got yours registered yet ?
    fredzedex likes this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Member #
    12888
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    110
    Cheers for info. Iíve had a Tornado from Bennetts. I rejected a tnt from KJM and managed to get a superb one from a small dealer on eBay. All since sold. I Was really just interested to see if the old owner was a member of the forum. To try and get answers on the swing arm marks etc. I may just keep the MV. Was offered £5800-£6000. Mine isnít as original as some it has lots of carbon. 312 exhaust and Gilles rearsets. But others are going for a fiver short of 10k! Mental.

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Member #
    19599
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    East Yorks
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    visual inspection of the V5c

    Section 1: gives you the recorded keeper and current doc ref number.

    Section 2 : Z1 gives you previous owner, Z2 when they acquired the vehicle and Z indicates number of former keepers .

    Yes, the old service of paying DVLA for its entire history has been suspended, but you at least have the last 2 and if there were more .

    Have you got yours registered yet ?
    The v5c for mine arrived today. The forms they now supply don't give any information on previous owners details only number of former keepers.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Member #
    14194
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil1400 View Post
    The v5c for mine arrived today. The forms they now supply don't give any information on previous owners details only number of former keepers.
    Yes, I know the system and provided information has changed recently, BUT All already issued V5c have the old information, until a new recorded keeper is registered and a new document is issued, the information still exists .The document ref number changes each time they issue a new one , so they can check the current one, and the V5c has recorded info that is up to date

    DVLA state you "must " destroy all old V5c,s but it is not an offence to keep them, should you wish to retain the history of the vehicle. I still have old blue ones on some of my vehicles , and there aint nothing they can do about it.
    Just another case of "god almighty DVLA" making up rules.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Member #
    12888
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    110
    MV is staying for now. Asked Bennetts if the marks on swing arm and the break fluid reservoir would be sorted prior to sale. But itís a no on that front. Looks a nice enough bike. But Iíll wait for a cleaner one.

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Google+