Need new tired for benelli tornado tre 900
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need new tired for benelli tornado tre 900

Name
    Mohit
    Member #

Need new tired for benelli tornado tre 900

Hello guys,

I am planning to buy new tyre for Tornado TRE 900. Please suggest me options and good grip tyres for cornering.

Name
    Robin Shedden
    Member #
    I have Diablo's fitted. Fine tyre once well scrubbed. Running at F34/R31 PSI 120/70 and 190/50

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    I've been a Pirelli man for many years but recently I found myself on a trip with a tyre that disappeared before my eyes. There were no Rosso II's available and was offered Michelin Power RS. I was told they compared with Rosso Corsa's, which stick like baby shit to a blanket, but don't last long.
    Expecting to barely make it back home, I was pleasantly surprised. So much so that I put one on the front later on. They are the best tyre I've ever used, and if calculations are correct they'll go close to 5 figures. I can't believe that they will, but that's what the math says.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Engenia View Post
    I've been a Pirelli man for many years but recently I found myself on a trip with a tyre that disappeared before my eyes. There were no Rosso II's available and was offered Michelin Power RS. I was told they compared with Rosso Corsa's, which stick like baby shit to a blanket, but don't last long.
    Expecting to barely make it back home, I was pleasantly surprised. So much so that I put one on the front later on. They are the best tyre I've ever used, and if calculations are correct they'll go close to 5 figures. I can't believe that they will, but that's what the math says.

5 figures Errol ?
    Are you talking 10 000 clicks . I have seen your video,s and riding style. that is serious mileage.
    Even a grand touring trip down through France quite a few years ago, I had to buy tyres on the way home in Le Mans to get home.
    I have found Michelin,s hold up quite well till half worn, then turn to butter and melt in very few miles or (kilometers).

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    Are you talking 10 000 clicks .
    Yep. I measured the depth new and then @ 3000 km on the front, and the estimated distance was 10,301. For the rear it was 6,284 after 2,000.
    I have found Michelin,s hold up quite well till half worn, then turn to butter and melt in very few miles or (kilometers).
    That's what I'm expecting. The estimate assumes consistent wear throughout the lifetime. I'm sure it won't be. If I get 7000 from the front and 5000 from the rear I'll be very happy. The rear Rosso Corsa only made 3,200, and I'm confident the RS will beat that. I think it's a stickier tyre too, although I haven't compared them back to back.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    Are you talking 10 000 clicks
    I recall fitting a new tyre to my old Kawasaki Z1B back in the late 70s and completely wearing it out in just 110km!
    Admittedly, that was under race conditions. But still, I'd have expected a bit more than that. Tyre was evidently quite soft, but stuck to the track like glue for as long as it lasted.

Name
    Mohit
    Member #
    yes i get that feeling too. Diable corsa is way stickier and softer compound i.e why it grips hard and runs less.
    Next time i will Michelin because i am into long touring on my bike. Harder compound will suit my needs better maybe, i need longevity. Thanks for the discussion friends.
    I will keep you posted regarding how my Diable corsa performed.

Name
    Sam Baines
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bigm View Post
    Hello guys,

I am planning to buy new tyre for Tornado TRE 900. Please suggest me options and good grip tyres for cornering.

I had diablo rossos on once, took them off after 500 miles and put them in the bin , really didnt rate them at all . Went back to the old fathiful Bridgestone bt016 hypersports which I run on both my bikes. I'm tempted to try the s21's next time, but il not be straying from bridgestone !
    Benelli tornado tre.
    MV Agusta f4
    Kawasaki kxf250
    Bmw 330cd
    Instagram- sam.baines22

Sponsors