Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Engenia

Thread: Tornados are starting to show their age

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #

Tornados are starting to show their age

A quick "heads up" to all you Tornado owners .......
    While working on Jane's RS i noticed that the coolant overflow hose had become brittle and was breaking up.
    Tornados are starting to show their age-jane-s-overflow-hose.jpg
    Today, while stripping Nell down to change her cam chain I noticed that the induction air pressure sensor hoses at the airbox are going the same way. Those two vertical hoses are made of similar material to the coolant overflow hose.
    Tornados are starting to show their age-201911171057-induction-pressure-hose-fail.jpg Some new 5 mm silicone hose and a 5 mm brass tee are on their way to remedy the situation.

The "bleed" hose from the back of the thermostat cover to the radiator filler has been removed and that hose now replaces Nell's coolant overflow hose, which was still ok, but is harder than it should be.

The radiator filler end is now blocked off and the hose at the thermostat cover now comes out to a shorter hose with a bleed screw in it. The new diverter also has a bleed hose added which ends up at the same place. Bleeding the coolant system is now a much easier process. There is still an airlock over the swingarm pivot on the pump inlet side, but when evacuated it squashes flat and that air escapes to the radiator.
    Tornados are starting to show their age-201911171051-tstat-diverter-bleed-tubes.jpg
    ron d, ianh and DivingDog like this.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Well spotted errol,none of us are getting any younger 😎
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

Member #
    Well spotted . I had same issue on green/silver I imported to NZ from UK. Replaced with some sort of acid/oil resistant hose from Repco here. Strange that my Silver/Black doesnt have the same issue. Coolant had marked paint on the clutch cover at exit point. Will check the other hoses that you mention. Good stuff. Cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Mohit
    Member #
    My tornado is also having issues with wires and pipes. I recently replaced air suction hose for better air intake.
    I am a passionate biker travelling places ofcourse on my motorcycle.

Soulful Biker | Places to visit in Mcleodganj | Triund Trek | Soulful Biker | Benelli 600i exhaust sound

Member #
    Iv'e had this on an Aprilia falco too. The italians must use the same supplier.

Sponsors