Standard suspension heights
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Standard suspension heights

Member #

Standard suspension heights

Hello all

Going through my bike and the previous owner has lowered it. Just clarifying how much fork should be protruding through the yolk, manual has it pictured the yolk is inline with first machined in ring but the the text says only 1mm which looks wrong compared to the picture (mine is currently well below the bottom ring)

Also anyone got a measurement for how much thread should be above the lock ring on the rear shock?

Can't even leave the bike on the sidestand on level ground she is lowered so far, sits bang upright and vertical.

Andy

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    The bikes were delivered with the forks set at the top ring. I like my bike to steer faster, so it's on the third, offset by dogbones increased from the standard 136 mm to 140, which dropped the rear by 20 mm (from memory). Even though it would appear to have dropped evenly front and rear, it does in fact, steer faster than standard.

Sag is unchanged, at 30 % of full travel front and rear - that's with me in my full kit on board. The amount of rear shock thread showing is immaterial. Its the actual sag numbers that count. If you can't achieve 30%, you need to look at changing spring rates, but if you are 70 - 90 kg, you should have no problem.

To compensate for the lower clearance, my side stand is set at an additional 10 degrees using two wedges, one inside the other out.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    I dunno how you managed to answer his question Errol. I'm still wondering what bike he's talking about.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
    I dunno how you managed to answer his question Errol. I'm still wondering what bike he's talking about.
    Not much use for anything but a Tornado Tre
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

Sponsors