ECU Maps Sagem
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECU Maps Sagem

Member #

ECU Maps Sagem

Hello

Anyone got a solid and reliable tune ecu map for a 900 they could email me?

Just started my for the first time after buying it and she smells extremely rich and idle is not smooth. I quickly downloaded what map the bike had earlier and the file name was 6033.

Andy

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    From memory the 6033 is the last tune from the factory for the 900 Tornado with a standard can. It is rich below ~ 6000 rpm. Beyond 7000 it is pretty good, at least from the records from my bike.
    I was going to fix the map for the lower revs 10 years ago, but then discovered the Motty AFR Tuner.It worked wonders, but sadly Tamas decided not to continue production. One added bonus is that it gave me a second map that I could switch in at will. The Sagem ECU doesn't have that facility in-built.
    Others have successfully modified the 6033 though, so hopefully someone will pop up and offer it to you.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

Member #
    Thanks for the response Engenia. Checked my stepper motor and it went flying across the garage as soon as I took the lid off. Ordered a fresh one from Triumph so I can rule it out, simple plug and play on arrival hopefully.

Andy

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyb1029 View Post
    Hello

Anyone got a solid and reliable tune ecu map for a 900 they could email me?

Just started my for the first time after buying it and she smells extremely rich and idle is not smooth. I quickly downloaded what map the bike had earlier and the file name was 6033.

Andy
    Errol has already given some information on the map , but expanding this 6033 is indeed the last factory stock map with a standard exhaust There is also a 6033 AF for after market exhaust and air filter , for final dyno adjustment and also a 6033 STD for standard can, but modified on a dyno.
    There is a 6034 Final factory map for open (sport ) exhaust .
    What exhaust have you got on the bike , standard Benelli , Arrow , or after market .
    Has it got a baffle (removable )
    A common problem is that the super loud after market can is fitted and the map modified or uploaded with the baffle out. The ear battering, induces the owner to refit the baffle ,choking the gas flow and making the bike run rich low down . But it stops the neighbours from lynching him .

Member #
    Running standard air filter and exhaust at present and no baffles appear to be present. Freed up and tested my stepper motor and appears well, just very woolly in initial pickup and smells rich.

Andy

Name
    Mike
    Member #
    What is your CO adjustment set to? When I first got it my RS was running very rich at idle and was causing the engine to backfire and cut out when approaching junctions etc. I balanced all the throttles, reset the TPS and ended up having to significantly change the CO adjust to get the idle mixture at a reasonable value. I welded a bung into the exhaust just after the collector so I could use a wideband oxygen sensor to set AFR.

Note that the CO adjustment value required is very dependant on throttle calibration (i.e. how much air leaks past the throttles/bypass screws at idle) and is also sensitive to the stepper adjustment, so the value from someone else's bike is unlikely to be correct.

Member #
    Just flashed up Tuneecu and screenshot my pages incase something is not quite right. I do plan to get her to Bennets for a once over but due to work that will be a couple of months away yet so ill have to make do for now. Settings should be attached to this.

AndyECU Maps Sagem-benelli-1.pngECU Maps Sagem-benelli-2.pngECU Maps Sagem-benelli-3.pngECU Maps Sagem-benelli-4.pngECU Maps Sagem-benelli-5.pngECU Maps Sagem-benelli-6.pngECU Maps Sagem-benelli-7.pngECU Maps Sagem-benelli-8.pngECU Maps Sagem-benelli-9.pngECU Maps Sagem-benelli-10.png

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyb1029 View Post
    Running standard air filter and exhaust at present and no baffles appear to be present. Freed up and tested my stepper motor and appears well, just very woolly in initial pickup and smells rich.

Andy
    "Little nell" my 900 Tre, runs that same map,(6033) . I have standard air filter and a Lextech carbon stubby with a modified baffle in. It had the standard can and ran just as well. It was simply looks that made me change it . Oh and the can and link pipe was cheap.
    Starts on the button, runs perfectly , not rich. runs at 1600 rpm from cold and settles to 1100-1200 as it warms up.
    They all have a blackish exhaust and like the go juice, welcome to the Benelli club.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerj View Post
    What is your CO adjustment set to? When I first got it my RS was running very rich at idle and was causing the engine to backfire and cut out when approaching junctions etc. I balanced all the throttles, reset the TPS and ended up having to significantly change the CO adjust to get the idle mixture at a reasonable value. I welded a bung into the exhaust just after the collector so I could use a wideband oxygen sensor to set AFR.

Note that the CO adjustment value required is very dependant on throttle calibration (i.e. how much air leaks past the throttles/bypass screws at idle) and is also sensitive to the stepper adjustment, so the value from someone else's bike is unlikely to be correct.

I would take a guess when you got the bike it was running a 6020 original sagem preload map, the backfire was generic with that map and a high start up rpm, (around 3000 rpm)
    The last factory map 6105 is far better on the RS as a starting point to get it running correctly ..

Member #
    This is the map that I pulled from the ECU and no adjustments made. She backfires a plenty.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors