This weeks Motorcycle News
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: This weeks Motorcycle News

Member #

This weeks Motorcycle News

In this weeks Motorcycle News feature on Italian Exotica. Benelli are included as " one for the brave"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    RobShed and fredzedex like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil1400 View Post
    In this weeks Motorcycle News feature on Italian Exotica. Benelli are included as " one for the brave"
    Nothing new there then, anyone that has ever owned one , knows they are unique, even the problems they suffered.
    But 20 years on from concept, they still turn heads, they still draw the classic "What are the fans for "
    I had no time for anything Italian, until I bought one.
    Why did I buy it ,
    Well it was not much money, worth the risk, I am reasonably competent at mechanics and after all said and done . It s an engine , frame and wheels.
    A lot of class for very little outlay. Handling ,well I have no complaints , it exceeds my capabilities. Reliability , just service it. I know it needs 4000 mile intervals but its not rocket science .
    Everyone knows the howl of that triple. They will put a lot of current sports bikes to shame.
    I don,t care what journalists think about them . I own 3 and they are not for sale .

Member #
    Here it is some words from me.
    I own small company in Balcans,we are authorised service for few japanese motorcycle brands and service support for Benelli from 2006.
    We service all Benellies in Serbia and few bikes from around countries.There is abouth 15 big Benelli bikes in Serbia,like 899 and 1130.As you sad,if you regulary service it,there are no problems at all.Just change problematic parts on time and realibility problems stop to be a problems.
    I drive TnT 1130 and alsow it is not for sale.I do not give a shit abouth jurnalist and their opinion.I can speak for my self that 99% jurnalist never see 899 or 1130 model except in pictures and clips,just 1 % see or ride one.
    Benelli is not more problematic from Japanese bikes,it is not refine like Honda but alsow it is not shit.It just have bad reputation made from jurnalist,I do not know real reason.
    From my 20 years long expirience servicing a lot of bikes,working with Yamaha in warranty and some other brands,I can say next.

Yamaha R6 problems with pistons,cylinders,cranckshaft
    Yamaha R1 EFI problem filter-pump, crossplane balance shaft problem
    Kawasaki ZX6RR EFI,Pistons,conecting rods....
    Kawasaki ZX10 is a little better than ZX6
    Suzuki K4,5,6,7....voltage regulator problems,fuel pump,fuel filter,TPS,servo motor on secondary TB,stator coils.....
    Honda 929,954,1000RR problems with gearbox,oil consumption.
    BMW RT,GS a pile of iron you must pay 20000e, and same amount of money to drive 60000km.
    ABS problems,diferential problems,fuel pump problems,clutch problems,wibration problems,main PTO shaft.
    Not to mention that all those bikes do not have stand alone ECU,they are wery dificult to work.

And someone need to tell me that Benelli have problems.

Hardly anyone wants to say this that I said. I'm just saying that other motorcycles are not without problems .

When Honda or Yamaha have problem with dead ECU it is nothing,when kawasaki have hole on the housing with conecting rod looking out, it is ok.When Suzuki have dead dash it is ok,When BMW GS have rear whell separate from bike with rear fork break in half, that is ok.
    But when Benelli have dead dashbord it is a reability problem,when Benelli have problem with starter motor and gears, it is a BIG problem.
    But when every second Suzuki have problem with starter motor or kawasaki with starter clutch,that is all ok,it is
    regular maintenance.

It is a pain in my ass to listen people that Benelli have big problems.And I listen that shit from people who see the bike for the first time in our servise...
    Benelli has his own quirks, but it is to far from shit,for me it is a god bike with a soul that does not fade with age.
    Last edited by ilijasrb; 02-07-2020 at 02:22 AM.
    DenH, Engenia, tonydoc and 7 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    I've not read that article yet in MCN...

All I can say about living with and owning a Benelli is that it has to be the most engaging motorcycle ive ever had !.
    yes I've had a few issues but when I think about it I'm pretty sure almost all of them could of been avoided if they were in a mantainece schedule.
    Even with the odd high ticket items this Tre k 1130 of mine has given me more pleasure than all of my other bikes , and I've had a few modern high spec bikes too. Yams,Triumph, Suzuki, BMW ect.
    I can see this one staying for good as it's just too good to pass it on to anyone else , I know selfish right ? .lol
    And this year Nelli will be going to Northern Spain with me from Wales in may 😎🏍️🤘.
    Racking up even more miles!

Name
    steve peace
    Member #
    I read all your comments and could not agree more. The owners club in the GB and dealers as long ago as the 1970s were fighting the very same remarks about bad electrics engines in trouble by 20.000 mls etc etc from a hostile press and that is one of the reasons the club was set up to educate them but alas we have failed. I was witness to one of the most remarkable events in the IOM in 2000 TT The Benelli Company made a special effort to celebrate the launch of the TRE and also brought a massive artic with a double deck full of historic racing bikes including the Magical 250 4cyl turbocharged racer.Benelli was over 90 years old at the time and the local Duke video company brought out a video of the events surrounding the TT they never once mentioned the Benelli Parade and show in Nobles Park(you would not have know they had been there) But guess what they delighted in featuring the Suzuki bikes numbering about 6 that had been flown in for their celebration of 50 years of Suzuki. It was left to The italians to make their own video about the parades I was ashamed of the apathy that the TT organisers had shown to our Benelli friends, it was a dam disgrace but we carry on my friends as in all walks of life the big just get bigger.
    DenH likes this.

GBo
    Member #
    Unfortunately the bad press sticks. I held this view up until recently and thought benelli made interesting but fragile bikes. But let’s face it someone who normally buys hondas is not going to buy a benelli (apologies for anyone who has) The reason I bought one is the very reason most won’t their quirkiness.

Member #
    We service from 150 up to 200 diferent bikes every year.Every one who think that other brands do not have quirks are wrong.For other brands that is just regular servicing,that is real thruth.
    I think that Benelli deserves better than that.
    One of the mistakes of the factory is insufficient education of service network.

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GBo View Post
    Unfortunately the bad press sticks. I held this view up until recently and thought benelli made interesting but fragile bikes. But let’s face it someone who normally buys hondas is not going to buy a benelli (apologies for anyone who has) The reason I bought one is the very reason most won’t their quirkiness.
    My first bike was a GS750, my next was a VF750. When that Honda threw me down the road - literally - I bought Nell.
    No apologies needed. The VF was not your normal Honda. I still think it was the best sounding bike they ever made. I doesn't rate against Nell though. Not even close.
    DenH and ron d like this.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Had mine 14 years now nearly 45K miles. Just an awesome bike to ride, always draws a crowd..
    haydn, ron d and benellioldman like this.
    46241miles .And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4,Replacment clutch plates No 1,New Radiator , 3rd set of coil sticks, 2 nd DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 5 lithium. Upgraded battery cables. New 12 hole fuel injectors.from 03/06/06 to 21/09/2020.

Member #
    Hi All, I was bottle fed by my mother on the engine oil that had dripped from leaking pre-unit Triumph twins, but I still own a collection of classic and modern Triumphs !!!
    I bought my pre-loved TRE in January 2016, after travelling 50miles to a dealer to look at an Aprilia, but when I saw the TRE parked next to the Aprilia I didn't even bother with the Aprilia.
    These last 4 years of ownership have been great, and will continue the same I am sure, as well as joining this friendly and helpful Forum.
    All bikes have their ups and downs, it's all about owning and enjoying what you have that matters.
    It's just that a Benelli has a bit more character and presence than some other bikes - but at the end of the day, we are all still riding and enjoying two wheels.
    Best regards, Les
    tonydoc and ron d like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors