Has anyone tried these levers
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Has anyone tried these levers

Name
    Sam Baines
    Member #

Has anyone tried these levers

Back in my day , if you wanted cheap chinese leavers you had to get one from a gsxr and one from a ducati because no one made a set for the tornado, I've now seen on ebay that you can get a set for the tornado 900/1130. And wondering if anyone has tried them , i got gold short levers back then but 5 years on I've realised black ones might be a bit more...... tasteful

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192071002884

These are what I've seen anyone tried them ?
    Benelli tornado tre.
    MV Agusta f4
    Aprilia tuono
    Bmw 330cd
    Instagram- sam.baines22

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    They look similar to one I used on a hydraulic clutch conversion. The lever itself is a standard form & the piece that fits to the fulcrum is changed to suit.
    What I found was that the lever, being universal, didn't have the correct angle, so that when it was pulled home it touched down at the end, limiting the throw. If the lever had been machined from 7075 I would have had to leave it, but as it turned out, I could simply increase the bend angle to make it fit.

These are cheap enough that you don't lose much if they aren't spot on. I'd go for it.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

Name
    Sam Baines
    Member #
    Yea I'm sure they just change the adapter, to be honest I've never had any issues with the ones I bought years ago, my brake is perfect for two finger use and doesn't come anywhere near the bar , and I'm still using the cable clutch . Could be worth a punt for £18
    Benelli tornado tre.
    MV Agusta f4
    Aprilia tuono
    Bmw 330cd
    Instagram- sam.baines22

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Sam Baines
    Member #
    They fit perfectly straight swap if anyone is thinking of changing their levers. Clutch lever is designed for cable clutches though.
    Benelli tornado tre.
    MV Agusta f4
    Aprilia tuono
    Bmw 330cd
    Instagram- sam.baines22

Member #
    Hi to anyone who has a pair of these actual aftermarket levers on their bike,

Does the clutch lever give any extra cable pull length, to maybe try to help with clutch disengagement, and possibly help with the finding of neutral gear.
    My existing, standard, lever is adjusted correctly and I already have the modified arm at the clutch end of the cable.
    Thanks for your help.

Regards, Les

Name
    Sam Baines
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Dawes View Post

Does the clutch lever give any extra cable pull length, to maybe try to help with clutch disengagement, and possibly help with the finding of neutral gear.
    My existing, standard, lever is adjusted correctly and I already have the modified arm at the clutch end of the cable.
    Thanks for your help.

Regards, Les
    Hi, I have these fitted and before these inhad thebsame but gold fitted for about 5 years. Regarding any performance benefits , no , they dont make it any easier to find neutral , I've just left the finding neutral as a lost cause , sometimes I'm lucky most the time I'm not. I mentioned to my mechanic (who used to work at a benelli dealer so know the bikes well) about clutch drag and he adjusted the cable at the barrel screw in adjuster on the lever to make sure theirs a bit of free play and its been fine since , fully disengages .

Basically the levers are just cosmetic. Their is good span adjustment though and I find them good for my long fingers and 2 finger braking.
    Benelli tornado tre.
    MV Agusta f4
    Aprilia tuono
    Bmw 330cd
    Instagram- sam.baines22

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    You could improve the clutch throw by
    1. adjusting the play at the lever to the bare minimum, bearing in mind that any residual pressure could cause the clutch to slip at high power levels
    2. reducing the stack height to nearer 50 mm. Absolute minimum is 48, but the smaller the height, the more the plates can move apart with the same throw.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Engenia View Post
    You could improve the clutch throw by
    1. adjusting the play at the lever to the bare minimum, bearing in mind that any residual pressure could cause the clutch to slip at high power levels
    2. reducing the stack height to nearer 50 mm. Absolute minimum is 48, but the smaller the height, the more the plates can move apart with the same throw.

Thanks Errol,
    I already have the clutch cable/lever/adjustment inside the actual clutch housing, set correctly.
    The finding of neutral at a standstill issue is not a real bind for me, as I have pretty much (90% of the time) perfected the clicking into neutral while rolling to a stop - so I won't be messing with the clutch stack height until the plates wear a bit more.

Are you allowed to ride your bike, at the moment in Oz, as we are all confined to staying at home here in the UK because of Covid 19.

Best regards
    Les

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Are you allowed to ride your bike, at the moment in Oz, as we are all confined to staying at home here in the UK because of Covid 19.
    Strictly, we in the ACT are only allowed to venture outdoors for essential work, exercise, grocery shopping and to visit a health professional, but I haven't heard of anyone being pulled over for going for a motorcycle ride. That COULD happen in Victoria as their cops are pedantic idiots - they recently fined a mother $1000 for taking her daughter for a driving lesson. How that exercise could spread the virus is anyone's guess. Stopping them to give them a ticket was more risky than leaving them to go about their business.

I've been working on an RS and plan to take it for a test ride in a few days time. I don't expect any issues with the local constabulary.

I want a TreK. And a TnT. DivingDog's Avatar
    Name
    Dom Ruston
    Member #

Great suggestion!

I took a punt on these too.

Been meaning to replace my bars and clip-ons for *ages* as the left bar was slightly bent and I had some bits from left over from the dead track-bike (a long story!).

So I figured I'd go for the £18 levers while I'm at it. I've got some similar ones on the 999 and they've been perfect.

Oddly the pivot bolt on the clutch side was only 6mm, but I managed to fashion a collar to make it fit.

Has anyone tried these levers-49749705093_1257e5616a_c.jpg Has anyone tried these levers-49750571387_065389af99_c.jpg Has anyone tried these levers-49749704993_2ca7d88fb7_c.jpg Has anyone tried these levers-49749703888_2e25ba875a_c.jpg Has anyone tried these levers-49749705008_f71df98e1d_c.jpg Has anyone tried these levers-49750242896_64b68d1e73_c.jpg

Absolute bargain!

Cheers,

Dom
    2003 Silver/Green Tornado #099, 2006 Ducati 999S Italia, 2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900

Sponsors