Green tornado paint code
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Green tornado paint code

  1. #1
    Senior Member sammyboy92's Avatar
    Name
    Sam Baines
    Member #
    13470
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    226

    Green tornado paint code

    I had a look on the other thread but the link didnt work,
    Decided together the lowers respayed whilst the bikes sorn for the lock down. I think the sprayer has a colour matching machine but the code would be helpful
    It's a green one , one of the original flakey ones, registed in 09 but didnt get the recall respray

    Thanks
    Benelli tornado tre.
    MV Agusta f4
    Aprilia tuono
    Bmw 330cd
    Instagram- sam.baines22

  2. #2
    King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,623
    There u go matey

    Benelli Paint Codes.pdf
    ron d likes this.
    Laurence

    Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella



  3. #3
    Senior Member sammyboy92's Avatar
    Name
    Sam Baines
    Member #
    13470
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    226
    Perfect thank you ! Looking at that to get the green it needs two differant colour coats , then laquering. Trust benelli to be awkward !
    Out of interest do you know what went wrong or wasnt done properly to make the green ones peel, but all the others are alright ?
    Benelli tornado tre.
    MV Agusta f4
    Aprilia tuono
    Bmw 330cd
    Instagram- sam.baines22

  4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Member #
    14194
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyboy92 View Post
    Perfect thank you ! Looking at that to get the green it needs two differant colour coats , then laquering. Trust benelli to be awkward !
    Out of interest do you know what went wrong or wasnt done properly to make the green ones peel, but all the others are alright ?
    They all peeled, not just the green, my Red RS peeled the lowers both the red and the black over covering , it went brittle and flaked off.
    I think it was more down to the flexi nature of the panels, and the paint just could not flex as well as the soft panel.
    Interestingly, I have had bubble migration on the fuel tank of a green Tre over winter, I drained the tank and opened the tank cap and left it dry/evaporate out.
    The paint bubbles went down, they must have dried out through the tank , with it open to the air .
    refilled with fresh fuel, (there was a hope I might get to ride it this year ) so far no re bubbling , but I think I will drain the tank again and store with an empty tank and the cap open .
    Not wishing to be glum, but I think we will all be lucky to even get to ride this year.
    Might need to buy some Lycra and a silly hat, the "mobils" seem to have open licence to go out on their bikes , all day , any day , amazing how long an hours exercise lasts and how far they can ride .

  6. #5
    Senior Member RobShed's Avatar
    Name
    Robin Shedden
    Member #
    15274
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    355
    Nylon needs etching primer (preferably 2 coats) before paint.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    18563
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    296
    The problem with those VernicePPG colour codes is that they mean nothing outside Italy. I haven't found any kind of RAL equivalent chart any other way of getting paint suppliers (in Australia at least) to translate the codes.

  8. #7
    Senior Member sammyboy92's Avatar
    Name
    Sam Baines
    Member #
    13470
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    Might need to buy some Lycra and a silly hat, the "mobils" seem to have open licence to go out on their bikes , all day , any day , amazing how long an hours exercise lasts and how far they can ride .
    Dont even get me started on this ! Out in groups for huge all day rides. Arguably more at risk of coming off and hurting themself that a proper bike. Near me they often hold races on the open public road. Come round a corner and theirs a bunch of about 25 cyclist 5 abrest acting like im in the wrong.
    Benelli tornado tre.
    MV Agusta f4
    Aprilia tuono
    Bmw 330cd
    Instagram- sam.baines22

  9. #8
    Senior Member RobShed's Avatar
    Name
    Robin Shedden
    Member #
    15274
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    They all peeled, not just the green, my Red RS peeled the lowers both the red and the black over covering , it went brittle and flaked off.
    I think it was more down to the flexi nature of the panels, and the paint just could not flex as well as the soft panel.
    Interestingly, I have had bubble migration on the fuel tank of a green Tre over winter, I drained the tank and opened the tank cap and left it dry/evaporate out.
    The paint bubbles went down, they must have dried out through the tank , with it open to the air .
    refilled with fresh fuel, (there was a hope I might get to ride it this year ) so far no re bubbling , but I think I will drain the tank again and store with an empty tank and the cap open .
    Not wishing to be glum, but I think we will all be lucky to even get to ride this year.
    Might need to buy some Lycra and a silly hat, the "mobils" seem to have open licence to go out on their bikes , all day , any day , amazing how long an hours exercise lasts and how far they can ride .
    As a competitive (road racing and time trials) cyclist with 45 years behind me (now nearly 60), I go out for 3 or 4 days a week (and turbo train @ home on another to preserve cardio top-end). Some forays touch 2 hours and some just 1 hour. I am typical of my breed and don't piss-take and plan a loop within ~10 miles of home. Sadly, there are some (mainly with a triathlodite lean) who abuse the word reasonable. There are also a lot more greenhorns and just plain utility cyclists (and families) out there now and good on them. Mental welfare is a huge part of overall physical well being.

    Nelly is unfortunately not a blood or prescriptions bike so I've got no excuse for a blast to Barmouth. She's been out once on 23MAR for her annual ticket though after an italian tune-up ..

    I am super-fit despite having had 4 ticker events and boast a Pyrolytic Carbon (reinforced with Graphene) Mechanical Aortic Valve plumbed in via a Sternotomy. I had a Bicuspid Aortic Valve (congenital) that went tits up big time. Being an active sort saved me from dying a lot.

    Get a cycle, matey.

    PS. I got some paint from RS
    Last edited by RobShed; 04-16-2020 at 02:30 AM.
    Neil1400 likes this.

  10. #9
    Senior Member RobShed's Avatar
    Name
    Robin Shedden
    Member #
    15274
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyboy92 View Post
    Dont even get me started on this ! Out in groups for huge all day rides. Arguably more at risk of coming off and hurting themself that a proper bike. Near me they often hold races on the open public road. Come round a corner and theirs a bunch of about 25 cyclist 5 abrest acting like im in the wrong.
    Mmmm .. are they PROPER cyclists, Sportive MAMILS or what?

    99% of proper ones are reasonable and don't piss-take. The ones that aren't/do are feckin dicks or just stupid and ignorant. Only takes a minority to tar things for the good.

    I would also point that all CTT and BC events were off from 17/3 as were all club activities. Informal non-club groups, Strava-killers and Joe Skipper's are damaging the law-abiding image of the majority.
    Last edited by RobShed; 04-16-2020 at 07:26 AM.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Member #
    19599
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    100
    Just arrived home from my solo morning cycle ride to read this. I have managed to get out on bike at last after being incapacitated with GBS. Slowly building up on cycle over the last 10 days have now managed total of 100 miles. I've only been able to go out once a day since end of November walking and now cycling as part of my recovery. There are some cyclists who have good reason to be out. Can't help on paint problem though sorry
    RobShed and Kevin S like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Google+