Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By NM-1

Thread: TRE Hydraulic Clutch conversion

Name
    Neil Bamford
    Member #

TRE Hydraulic Clutch conversion

Many years ago I read someone had done an hydraulic conversion using Suzuki bits to help with the HEAVY clutch on the TRE but it involved drilling a hole in the fairing. I was against this but now I am so fed up of my fingers getting pins and needles I am more interested in getting it done. Can anyone help. I even tried extending the lever but every time I went out out I came back with shopping trollies hanging off it and a load of grannies chasing me.

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    You shouldn't need to cut any holes in the lower fairings to change the clutch to hydraulic if you use the right bits. I changed my LE to hydraulic a few years ago and didnt have to alter the fairing panels. However, I'm not sure the parts I used are still available. It did make a slight difference to the heaviness of the clutch but not as much as you might hope for.

ManiacMotors can supply a full kit for the Tornado but it costs around £500

I've got a hydraulic slave cylinder kit in my attic that would fit the TRE if you want to give it a try but you would need to pick up a Brembo master cylinder/lever for it, although these can be found quite cheap on ebay.
    Send me a PM if you are interested.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Name
    Paul
    Member #
    I have the hydraulic clutch line available from Maniac Motors kit as I went with a Galfer custom one.
    2007 Benelli Tornado Naked Tre 1130
    2019 MV Agusta Dragster 800RR

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    I converted my Tornado many years ago using a slave cylinder purpose built by Evoluzione and a ST4 master cylinder. Sadly, that slave cylinder is no longer available.

I recently converted a friend's RS to hydraulic. It made a huge difference. Not only did it make the action into a 8kg pull, it increased the lift (2.7 mm total) to the point that I could select neutral from a standstill
    The master cylinder was Brembo PR15, p/n 10.8101.10 (Ducati p/n 63040261A) - 15 mm bore
    You can even get a seal rebuild kit for it!
    Slave cylinder was from a Aprilia RSV 2007 - 28 mm bore
    I had to machine a mounting collar that suited the Benelli, remove the existing mounting points and weld the new collar onto the cylinder. I also made an internal spacer that matched the push rod.
    Name:  201912201749ClutchSlave.JPG
Views: 34
Size:  44.5 KB
    (before it was welded)

There have been a number of similar conversions using this same slave cylinder. Do a search on the forum. mikerj and Houlster have both done it and have supplied their designs.
    The easiest path for you is to use Maniac's kit, although it is the most expensive.
    If you can find a local machinist I'm happy to give you my 2D designs.

Another possibility ... doesn't one of the 1130 variants have a hydraulic clutch?
    Last edited by Engenia; 06-15-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

Name
    Neil Bamford
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by NM-1 View Post
    I have the hydraulic clutch line available from Maniac Motors kit as I went with a Galfer custom one.
    That would be nice but the postage to uk might be a lot and how much would you want for it

Name
    Paul
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Bamford View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NM-1 View Post
    That would be nice but the postage to uk might be a lot and how much would you want for it
    You can have it for free. I’ll check on postage.
    Neil1400, Laurencewhite and ron d like this.
    2007 Benelli Tornado Naked Tre 1130
    2019 MV Agusta Dragster 800RR

Sponsors