No headlights dipped or main beam - Page 2
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: No headlights dipped or main beam

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickymark View Post
    Thanks mate it's getting proper complicated now lol,thanks for looking mate anyways

We are talking about a Benelli Tornado RS here , are we ?
    The Tornado Tre has different switch gear left handle bar, with a 3 position light switch and dip /main beam . It operates with ignition on .
    The RS and the 1130 does not have a headlight /side light switch.
    ignition on , only the side light operates, no headlight. Start the engine and the headlight come on, it is then controlled by the main beam/dip beam switch.
    kill the engine and the headlight goes off.

Have you got the bike running ? when checking the lights .

Member #
    Morning yes I have the bike running when I check the lights

Member #
    Which switch gear have you got on the bike,

Tre 900 1130 and this is my RS with map switching toggles added to that switch

No headlights dipped or main beam-dscf1361.jpgNo headlights dipped or main beam-dscf1362.jpgNo headlights dipped or main beam-dscf1360.jpg I have a spare standard Tre switchgear pic 1. I would think the problem is switching, rather than relay issues

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hi mate yes I think your right about switch gear I think it's that too .my gear looks the same as yours minus the map buttons lol.thats great you have a spare set would you sell them? Looked on ebay theres nothing .are you in uk bud? Thanks

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickymark View Post
    Hi mate yes I think your right about switch gear I think it's that too .my gear looks the same as yours minus the map buttons lol.thats great you have a spare set would you sell them? Looked on ebay theres nothing .are you in uk bud? Thanks
    I would have a good look inside the switch first if I were you, I don,t know if the feed to the that becomes live , when you start the engine goes through it for the main/dip function.
    I also do not know if the Tre switch gear functions with the RS loom, so before you go down that route, you need to check it out.
    I can send you pictures of the two loom connections from the switch gear to see if it will even plug and play.
    Failing that, can you not take a live feed from the ignition switch direct to the headlight feed so that it powers up when you turn the ignition on.At least you will know that it all works.
    Then you can investigate why there is no power to the headlight when you start the engine, that is probably the reason your headlight is not working . If it was intermittent I would suspect faulty or now ,broken connection.
    There are two leads on the switch gear, , two female mini spade connectors and a block with 12 male pins, whether the 12 pins connect to the same points is the question.
    I am in the UK , just north of Bristol.

Member #
    Thanks I will check it out this afternoon bud

Member #
    Looks the same will check out things in the morning
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    After I managed to shrink your massive picture, I think you will agree the handlebar you have shown is the same as thisNo headlights dipped or main beam-dscf1361.jpg

This is the standard Tre 900 switch gear, not the black top yoke and clip on that is fitted to the RS, I will post in a minute , what an RS should look like..
    I still suggest you check the two plug in connectors from the switchgear, pull them apart, spray with WD40 and replug them together a few times to ensure connection.
    you could test all wires with a multi meter to check them all out.

Member #
    No headlights dipped or main beam-dscf1364.jpg the top yoke and layout of an RS

For the sharp eyed yes , I know its not Red or Yellow, it is currently wearing Laurences excellent spare bodywork , while I have the originals re finished, and it has the hydraulic clutch conversion

Member #
    Morning mate yes think mines a tre yours looks a sweet bike.i will pull the plugs this morning and see if I can find anything thanks bud

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsors