No headlights dipped or main beam
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: No headlights dipped or main beam

Member #

No headlights dipped or main beam

Hi all this is my 2nd tornado I just love the looks of them so much!!! I am having a little problem with this and it's doing my head in.i have no main beam or dipped.i have top bulb running light,dash lights up and indicators and horn plus back light works fine.checked fuses they are fine,swapped relays around and still the same ,cracked open switch that looks fine,bulbs checked and fine cannot find any dodgy wires grrrrr.battery kicks out like 13v plus but bike has stopped a couple of times on rides but fires straight back up.starting to worry now as been reading about charge and ecu switching them off this sucks any help would be great thanks

Member #
    The more I read the more I panic about alternator not putting enough power out and ecu not working

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Hi ,
    The bike stopping whilst riding is more than likely the sidestand switch internal spring not making a good enough contact .
    I've had that issue did my head in . Easy to open up and fix it by tweaking the spring a little.
    As for headlights have you looked under the relay sockets yet ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Doing that tomorrow as just read about taking the second relay out and sliding the unit out as there is a hex bolt there thanks bud

Member #
    Took relay sockets out and all wires etc seem to be all ok,swapped relays about too and still nothing. Dash lights up when I put lights on but dont get the main bean light on my dash coming up any help advice would be great thanks

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickymark View Post
    Took relay sockets out and all wires etc seem to be all ok,swapped relays about too and still nothing. Dash lights up when I put lights on but dont get the main bean light on my dash coming up any help advice would be great thanks
    "Dash lights up when I put lights on "....
    That sounds odd to me ?..... Surely you mean turn ignition and kill switch on ?
    Have you tested for 12 volts on the relay connections that supply the lights ?

Are you sure you have all ground wires connected.

And also has this bike always been this way in your ownership?
    It's hard to get a good feel of this problem without seeing what's up

Member #
    I purchased the bike as spend fair few weeks talking to bloke about it it passed mot few weeks ago and he told me lights started intermittently and passed mot not stopped working,so knocked 500quid of the price.this bike is a keeper for me ,I got an r1 to ride about on but allways wanted an rs benelli and now got one for best dressed and it makes me smile more than any other bike I had love the looks and love the ride and sound!! This is what's happening start bike no problem at all there back lights work fine indicators work fine,top bulb running light works fine ,horn and tach button work fine just no main and dipped beam,dash lights up when I put lights on but top light on dash showing mainbeam wont light up.took relay block out all wires look fine ,swapped relays over still the same,looked at fusebox again that looks fine ,took switch apart that looks fine,not sure what settings in multimeter to check wires to be honest. Bulbs work fine took them out

GBo
    Member #
    Just had a look at wiring diagram and there are 3 relays if it is the same as std tornado. One for lights one for high and one for dip. But it is a pain looking on my iPad as it keeps trying to rotate the image. There is some link to clutch switch and starter solenoid but it would be easier if it was on paper.

Member #
    Thanks mate it's getting proper complicated now lol,thanks for looking mate anyways

Name
    will tilston
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GBo View Post
    Just had a look at wiring diagram and there are 3 relays if it is the same as std tornado. One for lights one for high and one for dip. But it is a pain looking on my iPad as it keeps trying to rotate the image. There is some link to clutch switch and starter solenoid but it would be easier if it was on paper.
    Turn Auto Rotate off on your ipad

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsors