Still searching for tornado fuel pump assembely
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still searching for tornado fuel pump assembely

Name
    Geoffrey Hall
    Member #

Still searching for tornado fuel pump assembely

Ihave included a few photos the bike is to a point that i am only missing a fuelpump assembely a left hand handgrip i have made a base plate with a 8 mm tail with O ring seal if i can not find a complete assembely at least i can get it running with in line pump or fit through bulkhead electrical conectors and run a high pressure in tank pump with no fuel gauge this project has taken a few years on a low budget the bike has a low 800 ks on it was stripped for parts by a dealer it is very clean everything works fine just no fuel pump the tnt 1130 pump assembelys look the same am chasing some up in europe but finding it hard to get postage quotes to Australia any help from the forum would be appreciated and a big thanks to Errols site for a lot of helpfull tips i live in sunny Qeensland will be great to get on the road by summer !
    Last edited by old&younghall; 07-15-2020 at 05:08 AM.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    hi ,
    there a couple of units on ebay ..
    this ones in Germany ... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Benzinpum...temCondition=4

Name
    Geoffrey Hall
    Member #
    Thanks rick there are 2 but i am having trouble contacting them to get a quote to post to Australia its harder now as there are no flights due to covid there is also a new 1 at ali express in china for $550 aussie dollars also a very rough unit in italy but all around $400 with delivery i will just keep looking

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    What happened to your fuel pump / level sender assembly?
    I take it you bought the bike as a box of bits that didn't include the pump assembly?
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    also a very rough unit in italy but all around $400 with delivery i will just keep looking
    It's going to cost around £50 ($100 AUD) to send a pump from Europe to Aus so $400 AUD delivered is not unreasonable. That makes the pump assembly around £150 ($300 AUD)

Don't think you are going to find one for much less than that unless you find one in Aus.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Name
    Geoffrey Hall
    Member #

Fuel pump

Quote Originally Posted by Engenia View Post
    What happened to your fuel pump / level sender assembly?
    I take it you bought the bike as a box of bits that didn't include the pump assembly?
    Yes Errol it was imported from japan with 6 others kiwis came and took the rest and this one was left becuase it was a bitsa i bought it missing coils which i have bougt with your help $64 each and a bit of time and work got tail light and fairings from Ali Express all it is down to is a left hand hangrip and fuel pump assembly there is a Aprilia one that looks identical very cheap on ebay but finding it hard to get postage quotes to Australia will find one i did buy 1 off hills in england but got sent back to Hills Motorcycles and was lost due to covid they were great to deal with but it was never found i got a full refund through Ebay I'm not afraid to pay for one but it's not much good if there are no flights i bought the last pump on the 6th of April which never turned up and again Errol your Engenia site has been a great help you should be very proud will bring the bike down to Canberra one day to show you cheers Geoff ps all help is always appreciated

Name
    Geoffrey Hall
    Member #

Fuel pump

Quote Originally Posted by Laurencewhite View Post
    It's going to cost around £50 ($100 AUD) to send a pump from Europe to Aus so $400 AUD delivered is not unreasonable. That makes the pump assembly around £150 ($300 AUD)

Don't think you are going to find one for much less than that unless you find one in Aus.
    Thanks Laurence i know the Dollars its just getting it to Australia there don't seem to be hardly any international flights to here at the moment due to Covid the pump i bought at Hills Motorcycles in April just dissapeared but Hills were great and i got my money back the sites in Europe don't seem to have any way to contact them for a postage quote and the language barrier doesn't help i will keep trying to find a good one on Ebay it just gets a little frustrating I'll have to get young Hall on to it my son and i are doing it as a project together thanks again Geoff

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    You've already made a base plate, so It wouldn't be too hard to add an internal fuel pump to it. They are pretty much standard.
    The 3 Bar pressure regulator might be a bit more interesting. I haven't tried to source one of these, but maybe something like THIS.
    Add an inline filter - Ryco Z200 will do the trick - and an external quick release
    You should use PVF or PTFE insulated wiring for inside the tank. I think that fuel will dissolve the plasticiser in PVC. The internal pump connector should be something like nylon. Sealing the wires at the egress point will be interesting, but the problem has been solved so you don't need to re-invent that wheel.

You can do without the level sensor. It's not that good anyway. I've fixed mine a couple of times and then replaced it. My plan is to come up with something more accurate and reliable, but it's been a long time coming.

(If you were in a hurry to get it running I have a spare tank from which you could borrow the pump unit, but I don't want to separate them permanently.)
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

Member #
    I see you mentioned that kiwis came and took the rest? Any other info about that? I know one here from japan via Aus and it was missing the injectors. Maybe the same shipment?

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    i know the Dollars its just getting it to Australia there don't seem to be hardly any international flights to here at the moment due to Covid
    I think DHL are still shipping to AUS but their quote was even more expensive @ £85.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors