Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tornado non starter

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Did you connect all the ground wires .. had me once 🙂

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Thanks for the info. Tried all of the above still nothing. Have heard about problems with the kill switch so I never use it. Have tried the spare fob, whats the chance of them both having flat batteries. I,m a long way from being a mechanic but I dont understand why the imoboliser does not beep if the problem is with the bike so its panels off this weekend to try and find it. Looks like it will be a process of illimination.Anyway any ideas more than welcome.
    Just confirm what bike you have , Tre 900 or RS 900. the lights only come on side lights on the RS with ignition on. The Tre you can turn the lights on with the light switch , once the ignition is on, side light or Dip/Beam. Do the clocks sweep on ignition and neutral light show ?

Alarm, does the alarm go off , if you turn on ignition without the fob press. does the fob press trigger the indicators. single flash .

The alarm is usually in the tail unit, or inside the righthand upper, trace the feed wire and see if it is fused, is the fuse intact ?

Name
    Alec
    Member #
    The bike is a 900Tre. Indicators, dipped and main beam work on the dash but other than that its dead. The alarm does not go off and there,s no indication that it,s activating or deactivating. Will try and find it this weekend and take it from there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    The bike is a 900Tre. Indicators, dipped and main beam work on the dash but other than that its dead. The alarm does not go off and there,s no indication that it,s activating or deactivating. Will try and find it this weekend and take it from there.
    Do all the lights light up over the digital speedo
    Does the neutral light and engine management light and the red light at 14 K on the rev counter illuminate .
    If not check the plug into the clocks unit is fully engaged.
    If not there, I suspect alarm failure, see if you can bridge wire it.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Ahh ok...
    You've got an old ish alarm system on the bike ...
    My experience with motorcycle alarms especially old ones is they fail big time .
    Not just on benellis but with all bikes .
    My advise would be to get it removed then just enjoy the bike without the hassle 🙂.
    After all who ever pays any attention to alarms these days ? .. I certainly do not neither do neighbours or police .

Only my opinion on alarms mind you.
    A hidden tracker is a better device for detection .
    I hope you sort it soon while it's still riding season .
    Rick

Name
    Alec
    Member #
    Found the alarm,(Gemmel) at the front R/H/S.Stripped the bike down but it disapears into the wiring loom and that is beyond me. There is a live to the alarm but not working. Where these factory fitted if not I reckon it,s been there since 2006 when registered.

Member #
    Found the alarm,(Gemmel) at the front R/H/S.Stripped the bike down but it disapears into the wiring loom and that is beyond me. There is a live to the alarm but not working. Where these factory fitted if not I reckon it,s been there since 2006 when registered.
    You tube , how to disable a motorcycle alarm, 4 corner scews, 2 main body bolts, 6 pin connector, bridge 1 and 2 and 5 and 6 two loop wires, remove the safety clip, put it back together and forget the bloody thing. No more beeps, no unwanted alarms and get on your bike and ride it ...

Name
    Alec
    Member #
    Happy days up and running again. Contacted an alarm company Safe n Sound in Hemel Hempstead and they fitted alarms to someTornado,s when they came out. The alarm wires from the loom with the connector were factory fitted and there was a cap on the end so when the alarms were fitted Meta or Gemmel they took the end cap off and plugged in the alarm,( Apparently a gemmel is a Meta rebranded in a different case). Anyway faulty alarm is out connecter capped and its back to how it left the factory (£40) so if anyone has an alarm issue I recommend them.
    RobShed likes this.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    What a superbly cheap and effective result !! .
    Did I mention I fcuking hate alarms ... 🙂 .

Just in time for a glorious weekend of riding ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors