Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Engine cut out When Warm

Name
    Haydn Davies
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GBo View Post
    No shouldn’t need to start the bike for tuneecu to connect. But it is wise to remove the lights fuse and put a charger on the bike and laptop. Trying to remember if it should be solid green for connection, and I can’t try it on mine as it’s in bits.
    Shouldnt need the light fuse out as it was built before lights always on was made law so the lights are off until turned on, i see my aprillia the lights dont come on until the bike starts which is handy
    But i have a charger on it constant so shouldnt run low
    1982 Z 750 L2, 2008 Aprillia Tuono Factory V2 Gold Wheels, 2002 Tornado Tre LE #81, 1992 Suzuki GSXR 1100 7/11 Street-fighter Magazine Bike of the year 2004

Name
    Haydn Davies
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Markfto View Post
    I had issues with a faulty crank sensor matt at bennetts found as it had me stumped. Bike used to cut out when it got warm which was 5 mins away from home. So may be wirth checking.?
    Now that sounds more feasable ill check it out Thanks Mark
    1982 Z 750 L2, 2008 Aprillia Tuono Factory V2 Gold Wheels, 2002 Tornado Tre LE #81, 1992 Suzuki GSXR 1100 7/11 Street-fighter Magazine Bike of the year 2004

Name
    Haydn Davies
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerj View Post
    Do you notice a strong fuel smell from the exhaust when the bike is idling with a hot engine?

I've noticed on my RS that if the throttle closed position/air bleed, CO trim and stepper position isn't set up correctly than the mixture can vary enormously as the engine warms up, even with a correctly operating stepper. The first time I set it up with the airbleeds fully closed and the throttles very close to closed (used the piece of paper trick) and as the engine got hot (e.g. in traffic) it went so rich that it would cut out all by itself at idle, though the stink from the exhaust was a bit of a giveaway.

Form memory it flashes green during the initial handshaking with the ECU and then turns solid green when connected.

Thanks Mike not overly smelling of unburnt fuel

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Haydn Davies
    Member #
    Thank you for all the replies

Its looking like a sesor issue, Just wondered the best place to get a sensor, once i can prove which one, im guessing theyre generic like bosh etc

Name
    Haydn Davies
    Member #
    thanks for all the advice, still cant get to the bottom of it, i contacted my local Benelli dealer they eventually came back to me, but advised as its pre china they havent got the tools or know how to deal with it

So i called Bennetts today and it goes up there tomorrow, didnt want to start stripping the bike as ive got too many bikes in the garage and having one in bits wouldnt work, ill be happier if the proffessionals play with it anyway
    i think Matts going to do the work, the tornado expert
    ron d likes this.

Member #
    Good luck, my experience is you have it at the right place.
    Pre benelli; triumph speed four, Kawasaki en 500 Vulcan, Suzuki corona gsxr 750 99 srad, Honda rvt 400 nc35.

Name
    Haydn Davies
    Member #
    Well the LE is on the mend, all be it waiting for parts, Matt at Bennetts has done a brilliant job finding the problems, i think the thing to be learnt is if you get recovered dont let the RAC try and fix it, the excess oil that i advised the RAC man not to add has been forced out on to the clutch plates, so all the minor seals in the clutch had to be replaced, the bike never had an oil leak before but is now seeping from the oil pressure switch, causing it to fail
    The main fault was the crank sensor, that wont show as faulty even if id have got Tune ECU connected, so two new sensors and a new clutch pack

Thanks to Bennetts for Matt's skills at finding the problems quickly and advising what was needed
    Markfto likes this.

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    Result!!! Hopefully not too expensive a repair as well, although the clutch pack might cost a bit.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors