No go here either
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: No go here either

Member #

No go here either

Tried to start the trend. Went okay a week ago.
    All lights on dash, turns over fine but nothing firing. Pulled apart, cleaned plugs, checked all connections and fuses. Put back together, couple of backfires then back to where I started. No go. Any ideas people

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Hi .
    Try clearing the stepper motor and all other connections that feed the firing circuits .. crank sensor .TPS (reset if needed) . Injectors. Clutch switch. Sidestand switch.fuel pump ect . First.
    Check all three injectors are spraying into the intakes whilst cranking . Possibly a clogged fuel filter if no spray .
    It could just be a sticky stepper motor flooding the plugs .

Member #
    Tried ether and petrol down the intakes. No firing at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Sorry, should have added that bike stopped while idling. Then would not go upon restart, or since.

GBo
    Member #
    Are you getting a spark? Can you put tuneecu on and see if anything looks wrong?

Member #
    Don't have the tuning device I'm afraid. Backfire would presume excess fuel being ejected. I'll next check neutral switch and stand switch.

Name
    Sean (shogun)
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Gads View Post
    Don't have the tuning device I'm afraid. Backfire would presume excess fuel being ejected. I'll next check neutral switch and stand switch.
    Try changing the plugs, same thing happened to me burnt out the plugs for some reason. Did it happen after not being ridden for a while.
    Mine did that a few times after not using it for a month or two, now I have changed the plugs and use fuel stabiliser if not riding for a couple of weeks or so as suggested by another forum member and seems to have sorted the issue.

Member #
    Cheers I guess I'll have to try again. I was hoping not to pull it to bits again. Think I'll leave it for awhile. Thanks for that.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Gads View Post
    Cheers I guess I'll have to try again. I was hoping not to pull it to bits again. Think I'll leave it for awhile. Thanks for that.
    Yep, get a set of plugs
    Pull it apart and get the old ones out, spin the bike up with the old plugs connected and see if they are actually sparking.
    Do the same with the new set and see if the spark is on all three. you may well see the spark is stronger (thats if the old plugs did spark)
    Fuel , air, spark and compression, that is all you need,

Member #
    Have got new plugs and will fit next week. Seriously do they fail that quickly? Bike has only been statted and run up to temp 5 times on a new set.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsors