Fuel pump finally arrived
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel pump finally arrived

Name
    Geoffrey Hall
    Member #

Fuel pump finally arrived

Thanks to Pete and his son Andrew for helping me bring this tornado back to life the Fuel pump arrived from Germany today the next post be a video of the Tornado running it will be over 15 years since this bike has fired up there is also a mock up of the temporary windscreen any one that has one work out a price for me but i know the shipping to Australia will be more than the winscreen price a big thanks also to Errol and his site there is so much to learn about this machine thanks everyone cheers Geoff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuel pump finally arrived-20200916_151731.jpg   Fuel pump finally arrived-20200916_151748.jpg  

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by old&younghall View Post
    Thanks to Pete and his son Andrew for helping me bring this tornado back to life the Fuel pump arrived from Germany today the next post be a video of the Tornado running it will be over 15 years since this bike has fired up there is also a mock up of the temporary windscreen any one that has one work out a price for me but i know the shipping to Australia will be more than the winscreen price a big thanks also to Errol and his site there is so much to learn about this machine thanks everyone cheers Geoff

Glad it has finally arrived Geoff, finger crossed on the start up.
    What you need to check are the usual things before running the bike, i suspect you may need to check on the upgrades.
    What you do not want is what I found in a 1130 Trek. During the strip,Fuel pump finally arrived-dscf1386.jpgFuel pump finally arrived-dscf1390.jpg the timing was spot on , no slack in the timing chain and the adjuster , well within serviceable tolerances ?

Will look out that spare original screen , if you cant find one. Might be cheaper to buy a new Eagle screen in Oz .

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    the
    Ouch!!! Did you ever find out what caused it?
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Still working on it Laurence.

Bike fired and ran on two cylinders with a naturally asperated No 1 pot. No compression.
    First sign of unwell was tiny flakes of silver ali in the airbox around the trumpets (engine side of the air filter ) think this has been blown back into the airbox up the trumpets from number one .
    Air box off, pulled out the coils sticks , all good.
    Took out the plugs, left to right 3 good , 2 good , 1 solid , more pressure, snap, head comes off the plug.
    Pulled it apart , all timing marks etc good. cams out , top end strip , moment of truth "carnage".
    You can see the spark end of the plug hammered into the head, no wonder it would not come out !

No sign of valve to piston contact on 2 or 3.

Will expect Errol will be able to give us some clues .

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    Looks like the initial failure was the head falling off one of the inlet valves. Possibly a flaw in the head-stem joint.
    With the valve missing, the aluminium flakes would have blown back through the open port. Loose valve head bouncing around between piston and head did all the rest of the carnage. I'm surprised that it broke a second valve though. They usually just bend when cobbered.

Sponsors