my bike has covid....i think
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: my bike has covid....i think

Member #

my bike has covid....i think

howdy folks. after 4 months of quarantine at home I went to start my1130 and it sputtered, puked ,farted and shut off. i had put a stabilizer in the fuel system and had done an oil change prior to the hibernation period. as i said it ran rough on start up also there was a fuel leak from the carb area and the exhaust near the butterfly was glowing red hot . I cleaned the injectors which were stuck open . but now it start ok until warm up then it coughs pukes and shuts off.
    the tps? ..crank sensor ?... i am not too familiar with this bike although i can work my way thru situations with a little help from you guys...thanks

GBo
    Member #
    How did you clean the injectors?
    has it still got the flap and the cat in the exhaust? Might be worth getting shot if you have. Steppers can stick and cause problems. And they can be fussy to set up throttle bodies air bypass and co levels.

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    howdy folks. after 4 months of quarantine at home I went to start my1130 and it sputtered, puked ,farted and shut off. i had put a stabilizer in the fuel system and had done an oil change prior to the hibernation period. as i said it ran rough on start up also there was a fuel leak from the carb area and the exhaust near the butterfly was glowing red hot . I cleaned the injectors which were stuck open . but now it start ok until warm up then it coughs pukes and shuts off.
    the tps? ..crank sensor ?... i am not too familiar with this bike although i can work my way thru situations with a little help from you guys...thanks
    If the petrol in the tank is four months old it could be part of the problem,they say modern petrol has 90 day life.
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    there was a fuel leak from the carb area ...
    There's your problem. The bike shouldn't have cabs on it.

Member #
    I had the injector cleaned with an ultra sonic bath.and the butterfly cable in the exhaust got cooked so i replaced and rigged what I could. The fuel leak was because it was pouring out of the injectors i checked the resistance between the pins in the tps sensor so I am thinking now about the crank sensor however I am shooting in the dark here . Not familiar with this bike at all...the fuel that was in the bike was a few liters which I topped off and added cleaner to it before trying to start the bike. I am doing alot of guess work here and parts are hard to find

Sponsors