Tornado Tre 1130 - Engine Fault (K) Light - Page 2
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tornado Tre 1130 - Engine Fault (K) Light

Member #
    another update:
    1) the cable will be here next monday...
    2) alain fontaine replied my "yes, you can erase the error codes even if there is not any."

so the new TuneECU should do something for me i cant wait!

Member #
    new update:
    the cable is here, connected and "No Errors", so I contacted the developer to try to get a "Clear Error Codes" button even if there is no one, just to check.

Is there a way to quick and easy (and without many risks) to generate a ECU error? maybe disconnecting a coil while idling? Is there any othere error that could be reprodued without the engine running?

That way, I should be able to confirm if the "Error List" is actually reading or not... its very, very strange the list is empty.

Anyway, I checked all the sensors, and realized the TPS was running from 3% to 97% (fully closed to fully opened) so I my mind I though it was probably the reason of the K Light
    "if the TPS never reaches 0%, just turn on the light"

So I did a Reset TPS, afther that, the engine lost Idle.
    I worked on the Idle Wheel, when fully closed, the Bike does not starts in any way, if fully opened, the Bike starts at 3000rpm but quickly shuts down.

In sensors page I see a lot of work on the Stepper Motor moving, but without luck... I will work later on the Idle Wheel to be in the center to check if that fixes...

I also will check the TPS Voltage Values, since I think its going from 1.xxx V to 4.2V is that OK?

GBo
    Member #
    I don’t think you would get an error from TPS at 3% . Probably to get it running again back manual throttle to fully closed the reset TPS then open to 3% again. These bikes are fussy about mixture, bypass through throttle or stepper function. I suspect the mixture needs setting for tickover or stepper is stuck and someone has tweaked throttle up until it runs. If you disconnected the TPS i would think it would give an error without running

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    yes i think its that, i need to close the throttle screw completelly, then reset TPS, then open again the screw up to 3% and it should be back... will test and confirm.

no response (yet) on tuneecu about errors/K light still happy on

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Sounds like a stepper motor issue to me .
    Yes resetting the TPS is going to help but only if the tickover screw is in the correct position.
    Also having a good map installed with the correct co2 /o2 setting will help massively.
    Hope you get it sorted .

Member #
    Working again

Just
    1) screw the throttle completelly closed so the TPS reads 0.86V (instead of 1v)
    2) reset TPS
    3) open the screw until TPS reads 3%

Start the bike, all normal

Stepper Values I see moving, from 15/16 while idle to 4/5 when on the throttle... back to idle makes the stepper moves to 15/16 again.

Looks stepper is working hard, and as the bike is all normal, its fine to me.

....but, K light still there , I'm still waiting the input from TuneECU (they have a 3-4 days delay time usually, and probably I will requrie a new version, as I did with my other bikes )

I'm a great fan of TuneECU, so I will wait them as needed... then update here with the results.

In the meanwhile, i'm changing the battery wires, from 8 AWG (8mm) to 6 AWG (13mm) and so far all is good, i need to cramp a few terminals today and is done.

GBo
    Member #
    If tuneecu shows no error but k light is on could it be a dash fault?

Member #
    I tried a lot of errors: disconnecting battery, low battery, disconnected crank shaft sensor, disconnected IAT

a lot of fialures that normaly should generate a stored error in the ECU.

when I go to Error Codes ---> No Errors Found.

GBo
    Member #
    Crank sensor doesn’t give an error. And I would think low battery wouldn’t either. Try disconnecting TPS or a coil
    would have thought Iat would error though

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GBo View Post
    If tuneecu shows no error but k light is on could it be a dash fault?
    I had a RS dash that that light never came up, not even at initial switch on. When I opened it up I discovered that one leg of that LED had no solder on it.
    So a faulty dash is possible.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsors