Tornado Tre 1130 - Engine Fault (K) Light
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tornado Tre 1130 - Engine Fault (K) Light

Member #

Tornado Tre 1130 - Engine Fault (K) Light

Hi,
    changing the spark plugs (the bike have different brands/models of them) to 3 of the same NGK CR9EIX, I disconnected the fuel pump, and the airbox temp sensor.
    Nothing more.
    When I assembled al back, the K light is on.

Disconnected the battery, made a bridge on the bike wires, let it 2 hours, make a gas full open+3 key on/off, and a lot of "normal" resetting tricks, ligth is still there.

I'm sure the fuel pump and airbox temp sensor are ok, becuase the bike runs perfectly, wonderfull idle, good start, and good MPG/fuel comsumption.

Is there a way this bike can get the ECU Error List being resetted without an scanner?

GBo
    Member #
    I would say check the temp sensor and coil stock connections. I don’t think you can check errors without tuneecu or similar.

Member #
    thanks! well the bike idles at 1400rpm like a cat purr ... if there is a coil failing, that should not be a reality

the temp sensor, i'm 99,999% sure I did connect it properly... I could remove the airbox again and check it, but first I would like to reset error codes before start disassembling again....

I will try tuneecu (just purchased the cable 2 hours ago), its a Athena ECU, but as far as I have read on this forum, its "compatible" with the Walbro one, so I purchased all "Walbro compatible".

In other bike/cars I have, there is always a way to get the error code in the dash, and even reset the full list with some method, so you done need the scanner unless the error is still there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Hi the error will most likely go on its own after a few runs out .
    Check that the fuel line isn't kinked that can affect fuel pressure and throw a code .

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
    Hi the error will most likely go on its own after a few runs out.
    The error code won't clear without intervention, but the warning light will stop bugging you after a while, unless the error is on-going.

The only way to find out what caused it is by connecting to a diagnostic device like TuneECU
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    I disconnected the fuel pump, and the airbox temp sensor.
    Did you turn on the ignition at any time when you had the temp sensor disconnected? If so, this may be the reason the 'K' light is on. and as Rick says, it should go out after a few runs.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Member #
    ok thank both, well de bike ran 150kms without issues, the ligth still there.

Removed the tank, and tried (without removing the airbox, just pushing the plug) to "reconnect" the airbox air temp sensor, did not move, then tried to disconnect it, did not move.
    So the airbox is securelly connected.

I did not turn on while the bike was dissaembled... but some mechanics told me that the ECU is always on, even with the contact off, so the recommendation is to disconnect the battery to work on this bike...

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    There could still be a coil problem even if the bike is running OK.

I had the "K" light on my Tre-K come on and the bike was running OK. At first, it came on intermittently, then more often, then all the time. But the bike was still running OK, so I ignored the light. I figured it was just some strange Benelli quirk.

Eventually it stopped running on one cylinder. It turned out to be a poor connection at the little plug that goes onto the top of the coil. Once that was diagnosed and fixed, the bike was back to running well on all cylinders but with without the K light coming on.

That little K light was smarter than I gave it credit for.

Member #
    thanks sprocket, yes i did another 100km (by now like 250) and no issues, it runs without problems...

...well, anyway i will get the cable in 10 days and check it with tuneecu... i will update this thread with the result.

i'm still moving the bike every day, and every day works better in part because its ending its brake-in, so it idles better and pulls harder day by day...

the ligth is still there

Member #
    Update: today a drive the bike (prefectly running) to a local mechanic, he connected the bike to his scanner and... NO ERRORS FOUND.

K Ligth on all the time...

It seems like it was a Windows version of Tunecu from what I reached to see.

Its outdated for sure, when I get the cables (in a few days) I will test using the latest Android version.

...but, could this be real? K Ligth on, but no errors on ECU ? or its as software issue?

I also asked the mechanic to clear errors anyway (and reset service anyway) but his answer was both features where disabled.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsors