Tornado tre 1130 valve clearance - Page 2
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tornado tre 1130 valve clearance

Member #
    I contacted Maniac, if they dont have em. Im going to buy a set from the Precisionshims company.

Member #
    Done them clearances yesterday, i put the exhausts as near the 0.40mm as i could, all between 0.37 - 0.39mm.

One intake i had to leave at 0.39, which is 0.04 over the limit, just could not find a suitable shim. But i guess it will hammer itself near the 0.35 very soon.

Member #
    Hi, i raced a ninja300 for 6 years, over 36 races and did a few valve checks/adjustements... its very hard to predict the direction of the change.
    Some just increase, others decrease... even in the same role: intake or exhaust.

Also the buckets and the camshaft have deformation with usage, so its very, very hard to get an idea where the worn is done.

There is a valve seat, where usage decreases clearnace.

But clearenace increase in the case of valve steam compression, shim compression, bucket usage, camshaft usage and cam covers (the "towers") do worn out too!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thats a good point you said there, It might go either way.

But i never had an valve clearance open up in 35 years of spannering, and since these were on the VERY tight side to begin with, im guessing they keep on tightening. Maybe...

Gona check them after 2000km and see where im at, maybe then i have managed to find a proper big collection of 8mm shims too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors