Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 1130 Questions combined

Name
    Rick
    Member #

existing bolt..

hi could you not just use the existing bolt that is right there to attach it ?.. it looks made for the job to me .

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
    hi could you not just use the existing bolt that is right there to attach it ?.. it looks made for the job to me .
    Actually no, the funnell cant be touching the headlight housing, there needs to be a spacer/bush so it lines up with the front fairing hole.

Like 6 - 8mm rubber grommet that has an metal bush inside, so it lines it up right to the front fairing. But problem is, that the parts diagrams don`t even know that the little hole exist`s....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnelli82 View Post
    I mean the bolt hole at the front of the air intake tube. I suspect that it should be attached to the headlight housing through the hole, with a bolt and a bush?

Sorry Tommi,

Did not read question properly..
    There is an aluminium "bobbin" fitted to the screen /fairing frame, pic 1
    A longer hex set mushroom head goes through the air duct (black so you can not see it well) from inside the air intake.
    Clear nylon washer underneath it bolts the end of the duct to the bobbin, through to the fairing frame.
    This is my 900 Tre, but they are the same .1130 Questions combined-dscf1472.jpg1130 Questions combined-dscf1474.jpg

It was the easiest one to take the the inner fairing cover out of, and shine a light on to show you the fixing.
    Last edited by freeatlast; 01-11-2021 at 04:31 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #

aluminium bobbin

It is 14 mm dia,, a straight tube will do, and approx 21 mm long.
    Have you got one on the other side, fixing the air intake correctly for a pattern ?

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    It is 14 mm dia,, a straight tube will do,
    You don't really want to flatten the plastic by using it to tighten the screw against. Better to do as the oem bobbin does, and just protrude through the plastic. That way the screw tightens onto the aluminium and the plastic can move ever so slightly. You see this done all around the bike where plastic needs to be held in place, through the use of shouldered screws and washers.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Engenia View Post
    You don't really want to flatten the plastic by using it to tighten the screw against. Better to do as the oem bobbin does, and just protrude through the plastic. That way the screw tightens onto the aluminium and the plastic can move ever so slightly. You see this done all around the bike where plastic needs to be held in place, through the use of shouldered screws and washers.

I only meant , it does not need to be so ornate, a solid bit of ally tube bar tapped and threaded. If he has a good one on the other air intake, he can copy it .
    Simple job with a lathe
    Engenia likes this.

Member #
    I made spacers from alloy, didn`t have one on either side.

All good now, thanks again big time for taking the time to help!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Sponsors