1130 Questions combined - Page 4
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 1130 Questions combined

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    If you get on the exhaust side of the bike, look up to the right of the oil cooler from under the fairing you can see the horn bolted up behind the fairing, you can just see the two electrical spade end insulated connectors on the top of the horn. there are some pics but not easy to see.
    bike , tank off, air box on ,but you can see some of the electrical layout. got other projects at the moment but will get in deeper soon .Attachment 34505Attachment 34507Attachment 34509Attachment 34511Attachment 34513
    What is that open connection on pic 3? The little white connector, does the sidestand connect to that?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnelli82 View Post
    What is that open connection on pic 3? The little white connector, does the sidestand connect to that?

No,

I have never found out what that one does. The side stand switch comes up between the water pump and the side of the alternator. First pic is 1130 Tornado its is between the two H/D power cables

.1130 Questions combined-dscf1432.jpg This pic is a 1130 trek you can see it better in this, it has yellow tape on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by freeatlast; 11-14-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Member #
    Thanks again, i got really sidetracked with that connector.

Have to see if any power goes to it, just out of curiosity.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks again, i got really sidetracked with that connector.

Have to see if any power goes to it, just out of curiosity.
    There is the same connector on the 1130 tre K but it is under the seat, up by the relay bank and fusebox, also doing nothing.

Sorry the second picture was so big , do not know what happened there that is the Tornado 1130 , when I tried to move it, it expanded , but if if you scale to 25% you can see it clearly.

I have never seen two looms the same on these bikes, or the routing on the cables.

Member #
    Its very strange this loom thing on this bike, not helped by the many modifications done to this before me.

There is also a 3 wire superseal connector under the tank that i cannot find a pair....

Member #
    Its very strange this loom thing on this bike, not helped by the many modifications done to this before me.

There is also a 3 wire superseal connector under the tank that i cannot find a pair....
    3 pin ? is it exhaust side above the clutch , if it is two blues and a brown it is most likely the speed sensor plug . it should be behind the rear brake master cylinder .
    As i said they seem to have clipped the loom to both sides of the frame, some are wrapped in waxed cloth , others a sheathed in black glossy trunking . I thought about 2007 was the change over but have been proved wrong on that one .
    Finnelli82 likes this.

Member #
    You were right! Again....

No that i got it running again, im gona service the front forks. Is there any recommended mods for the forks while im at it?

Member #
    You were right! Again....

No that i got it running again, im gona service the front forks. Is there any recommended mods for the forks while im at it?
    They are pretty good as they are , I have changed the fork seals, you have got lots to play with set up wise, to suit you.
    A change of oil always helps, how old is the bike and how many klms.
    I have a set of Wilbers in mine ,but do not really think they make a lot of difference, not for road riding.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    They are pretty good as they are , I have changed the fork seals, you have got lots to play with set up wise, to suit you.
    A change of oil always helps, how old is the bike and how many klms.
    I have a set of Wilbers in mine ,but do not really think they make a lot of difference, not for road riding.
    They do need new seals, have to do strip down and a clean up to them.

Its 2007 model, done 38k in kilometers, and my riding with this thing is 99% on the road....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsors