1130 Questions combined
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 1130 Questions combined

Member #

1130 Questions combined

So thought i`d ask all in the same thread.

- First is the mystery bolt thats in the picure, it was on a box of bits, dont know where it belongs, actually there are two of them!
    - Is the wiring harness the same on 900 rs and 1130 Tornados?
    - Does anyone have a picture of wire harness routing? Mine was all over the place, like cut and shut job....
    - Where is the horn attached to? Picture? Mine was like hanging thereabouts...

Thanks in advance to you great people for all the help i have received! And hope to continue to receive....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnelli82 View Post
    So thought i`d ask all in the same thread.

- First is the mystery bolt thats in the picure, it was on a box of bits, dont know where it belongs, actually there are two of them!
    - Is the wiring harness the same on 900 rs and 1130 Tornados?
    - Does anyone have a picture of wire harness routing? Mine was all over the place, like cut and shut job....
    - Where is the horn attached to? Picture? Mine was like hanging thereabouts...

Thanks in advance to you great people for all the help i have received! And hope to continue to receive....
    Chain tensioner bolts out of the swinging arm , its what you use to align the back wheel and take up chain slack,
    RS is Sagem , 1130 Tornado is Walbro so that will be a No
    Most of the loom goes down the exhaust side of the bike.
    When I get round to service on my 1130 tornado , can send you some pictures with all the plastics off and tank and airbox off.
    Horn is behind the oil cooler up under the head stock.
    Laurencewhite likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    Chain tensioner bolts out of the swinging arm , its what you use to align the back wheel and take up chain slack,
    RS is Sagem , 1130 Tornado is Walbro so that will be a No
    Most of the loom goes down the exhaust side of the bike.
    When I get round to service on my 1130 tornado , can send you some pictures with all the plastics off and tank and airbox off.
    Horn is behind the oil cooler up under the head stock.

Awesome!! Thank you, would be great to see the pics while plastics off.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Well i have more, questions i mean.

Can i leave the flap actuator motor of and just plug the connector, or does it throw a code?

GBo
    Member #
    No it won’t error if removed

Member #
    Well i have more, questions i mean.

Can i leave the flap actuator motor of and just plug the connector, or does it throw a code?
    Some leave it attached to the back of the block , plugged in but cables removed to the flap and wired open., Its a 12 v solenoid that opens and closes, opening or shutting the flap.
    Others remove it completely and just leave the 2 pin plug in the loom ,but not connected to anything . neither seem to make the bike pick up, its not functioning , or working.

Member #
    Im leaving it off all together, its quite heavy anyway!

Member #
    Ok, more questions.

Was buttoning up the clutch and thought i`d ask is this really where one of the o-rings goes for? Outside the bearing, it squeezes between the bearing and the spacer that comes next...

When i took it apart, it was on the other side of the bearing, just to confuse things even more. But the parts diagram on Maniac site says it comes like this on my pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Ok, more questions.

Was buttoning up the clutch and thought i`d ask is this really where one of the o-rings goes for? Outside the bearing, it squeezes between the bearing and the spacer that comes next...

When i took it apart, it was on the other side of the bearing, just to confuse things even more. But the parts diagram on Maniac site says it comes like this on my pic.
    had the same doubt, so I put two: one in the back and one in the front of that bearing they dont move, just prevent oil to pass between the main shaft and the bearing race... so putting a 1mm oring wont hurt.

Member #
    You really are being very much help for me, cant thank enough!

So i have to buy a 1mm o-ring tomorrow, to put at the back of the bearing too. Im just afraid that it will prevent the proper contact between the bearing and spacer behind it, and thus leaving some unwanted wobble on there?

While on the clutch subject, im making another centering tool to help the clutch housing assembly in the future, would you happen to need one?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsors