Got my RS Today
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Got my RS Today

Member #

Got my RS Today

Well what a day, first left cy at 4am , then the train i was on for supposedly 2.5 hours turned into 5 since some moron decided to throw themselves infront of a train

So arrived rather stressed for time at 3pm rather than 1230 as planned at bennets, quickly met paul fired the bike up got some fuel and had 1 hr to reach liverpool, so some swift riding even with some heavy traffic got me to the docks at liverpool , except i was at the wrong section, so stopped to ask directions, whats this chug chug, bike doesnt start, try again no joy.... So seems the battery failed called bennets but not much they could do and in the end i made a heroic effort and pushed it for 30 minutes to the boat at 530 to a round of applause and laughter, few remarks about italian bikes etc etc and few people asking me what was up with it when i got on board.

Luckily my dad has both a van and a jumper battery kit, in the end the battery kit did it. So off to get a new battery tomorrow, got it out already.

So what do I think of her, well she handles well, is quite swift, not too much vibration, not uncomfy, brakes feel a little soft to me , but to be fair i didnt brake much the whole way there, so they might simply be more progressive than the ninja. Thought the mirrors were ok actually for me, im 5,10 with broad shoulders but in a certain position you can simply move your elbow in a bit and the view is ok, certainly no worse than other sports bikes

The screen is rubbing on the clocks , so need to sort that tomorrow too.

Love the color and yes certainly did get attention from car drivers, kids etc.

Hope this is the start of a good relationship, but only having had her 2.5 hrs and being temperamental isnt boding well.

MCN Benelli Test Rider angledangle's Avatar
    Name
    Angus ......... Moderator :-)
    Member #
    Well Done there for your newly Collected RS. sorry to hear your battery problem (mine would of never done that to you ).

recommend fitting thicker Battery Cables as per mentioned on here on various threads plus check Errolls site as well to ensure your new battery gets the best juice in and out.

Enjoy having a rare yellow RS (mmmm my red ones now named Visa after your credit card -just joking enjoy your RS)

Member #
    cheers, well assuming i can get a decent battery here tomorrow, and the weather is good, its gonna get a few laps in over the moutain to see what she can really do .

found her really easy to just jump on and ride.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    adrian starkey
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by angelus View Post
    found her really easy to just jump on and ride.
    wish i did i'm still getting used to mine!!! had a good blast out tonight tho enjoyed myself apart from 1 prick in a van destroyed the tyres so time to get some decent rubber on now
    I AM THE STIG!!!!!!!!!

Member #
    man, its awesome, banged new battery in today, no more batt flashing on turning on... think that other battery was stuffed when i got it as the batt sign was on when starting, then turned off, now it doesnt appear at all, only the oil flash test. Had the battery to local supplier today, he tested it and said it wasnt holding enough charge for starting, only enough for running

Did half a lap of the tt today as the mountain was closed and wasnt really riding like normal as just in jacket and jeans, but still ran round a few r1s and gsxr1000s with their chins on the tank trying to keep up hehe

Gonna head out again later i think, but im a bit concerned with the mountain and this idiot whos intentionally going the wrong way, and the police havent captured him yet.
    Last edited by angelus; 06-04-2009 at 06:49 AM.

Name
    Rob Fitzmaurice™
    Member #

Nice one, I hope you enjoy the bike (Even if it's Yellow !) and the TT

Sounds like there's a Numbty over there that needs a good lashing with a Whip if he's going round the wrong way ! Friggin' Idiot

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

No good with spanners.... fredzedex's Avatar
    Name
    simon stokes
    Member #
    thats interesting.Mines had the battery wiring mod done but i still get the BAT message when the ignition comes on,thought it was normal? dont have any battery related issues either

keep it rubber side down on the island mate, and smoke a few more of those jap machines

Sponsors