Touring Blues
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Touring Blues

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #

Touring Blues

Well its about this time I'am getting ready to go touring on the Tornado. Last year did the Dolomite mountains to the Pyrenees Great ride. Due to other commitments, price of fuel and the thought that we are about to be fisted by the government for tax rises I will be working hard to get to italy next year. Chances are i'll be on the same tyres thats on the bike now which is a first for me in six years. The nelli is going to have a quiet summer this year a couple of trips to the lakes and world supers gathering and thats it. Just been looking at the video's that i posted on youtube Ah those where the days.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tonD2...eature=channel
    46241miles .And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4,Replacment clutch plates No 1,New Radiator , 3rd set of coil sticks, 2 nd DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 5 lithium. Upgraded battery cables. New 12 hole fuel injectors.from 03/06/06 to 21/09/2020.

Member #
    So your not going this year so ahve the blues?
    Or you are going, but not on Nelly, so have the blues?
    Or you are going, and on Nelli, but have the blues?

I've got the blues, i've still got 25 days until I go on mine. Kent to about 50 miles south of Geneva (Lac Du-Annecy, well worth a stop-over as its a lovely place) in one day. Easy, done it by myself last year, but on a 220 mile range Bandit, not a 100 mile range Tornado

Days are not rolling fast enough though

Name
    pilgrim
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimo View Post
    So your not going this year so ahve the blues?
    Or you are going, but not on Nelly, so have the blues?
    Or you are going, and on Nelli, but have the blues?

I've got the blues, i've still got 25 days until I go on mine. Kent to about 50 miles south of Geneva (Lac Du-Annecy, well worth a stop-over as its a lovely place) in one day. Easy, done it by myself last year, but on a 220 mile range Bandit, not a 100 mile range Tornado

Days are not rolling fast enough though
    Daimo,
    Nice rhyme!
    Geneva looks to be a beautiful place!
    If Errol can get 'best out of a tank - 346km' with his Mottyfied Tornado, is it as George Michael has sung that 'You've gotta have faith' and take the plunge?
    A mate's just bought a new 1250 Bandit, they're a great all-rounder, but he secretly wanted a Benelli or another Ducati!
    Have a great trip!
    pilgrim
    Motty AT: DNA airfilter: no-EXUP, no airbox flaps or manual idle-adjust: Shorai LFX18A1-12BS Battery: Eagle Screens Touring II modified: TNT Soft-Panniers & Sliders: Touring Seat: Renthal Fatbar: Best Recorded Mileage: 52.2 mpg, 43.47 mpg (US), 5.41 litres per 100km, 18.48km per litre

Sponsors