14 year wait.
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14 year wait.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #

14 year wait.

Well i was finally allowed to take my lad out on the nelli today for a cuppa at sherburn cafe Box's that needed to be checked,

1 Propper fitting leathers.
    2 Right size helmet
    3 Correct size boots
    4 leather gloves
    5 Do not go over the speed limit
    6 RING ME when you get there
    Now all that was done we had a great ride out ,got a bit wet on the way back but all in all a brill time. Poor lad even had to answer questions about what the fans where for when i went for the tea https://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/tonydoc/DSC01436
    46241miles .And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4,Replacment clutch plates No 1,New Radiator , 3rd set of coil sticks, 2 nd DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 5 lithium. Upgraded battery cables. New 12 hole fuel injectors.from 03/06/06 to 21/09/2020.

Name
    Bob Williams
    Member #
    ...he had to wait to 14yrs for his first ride? Poor lad LOL

My daughter and son went to rallies around the country from age 11. Totally agree with your fitment requirements, they must be able to reach pillion pegs. I see all too many kids wearing helmets and kit far too big. They just have to grow to get right helmet size, and Baby Biker was a good source of 2-pce leathers.
    p.s. they never forget those early trips
    regards, Bob

Benelli LE 79 & 94, Laverda SFC1000, Laverda 750 SF2, Ducati 1098R, BMW S1000XR, KTM 450EXC Racing,.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bobw View Post
    ...he had to wait to 14yrs for his first ride? Poor lad LOL

My daughter and son went to rallies around the country from age 11. Totally agree with your fitment requirements, they must be able to reach pillion pegs. I see all too many kids wearing helmets and kit far too big. They just have to grow to get right helmet size, and Baby Biker was a good source of 2-pce leathers.
    p.s. they never forget those early trips
    Kids growing that fast, he's wearing my alpine stars boots nearly same height as me and chances are the leathers won't fit next year
    46241miles .And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4,Replacment clutch plates No 1,New Radiator , 3rd set of coil sticks, 2 nd DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 5 lithium. Upgraded battery cables. New 12 hole fuel injectors.from 03/06/06 to 21/09/2020.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

JPF
    Name
    John-Paul French
    Member #
    Nice one,

Took my lad out about the same age........he's now on his 3rd bike already!

Didn't work for the daughter tho.....she prefers the posing looks of her car
    JPF

The pen is mightier than the sword....but the sword has its point!

Name
    Tucker the terrier
    Member #
    Mate, did I pass you on the M62 in the rain? I just spotted a green and silver one on the opposite carriageway!!

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker the Terrier View Post
    Mate, did I pass you on the M62 in the rain? I just spotted a green and silver one on the opposite carriageway!!
    Yes that was us i guess you have a red tornado then seen you too late to give you a wave. Probably there next week bud will post it. Who do you get to look after your bike.

Name
    Tucker the terrier
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydoc View Post
    Yes that was us i guess you have a red tornado then seen you too late to give you a wave. Probably there next week bud will post it. Who do you get to look after your bike.
    Got it new last year from Russ so he looks after it (although I wish he would sort out the warranty claim on the screen!). I go to the cafe most Sundays, but usually with wife and young boy and younger girl and in the car. Yes, give me a shout and I will see if I am out.

Great to see you!

TTT

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker the Terrier View Post
    Got it new last year from Russ so he looks after it (although I wish he would sort out the warranty claim on the screen!). I go to the cafe most Sundays, but usually with wife and young boy and younger girl and in the car. Yes, give me a shout and I will see if I am out.

Great to see you!

TTT
    Well you've got the top man in the country, bike will be well sorted. Try and get a superbike screen alot better on distance riding. cheers.

Name
    Bob Williams
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydoc View Post
    Kids growing that fast, he's wearing my alpine stars boots nearly same height as me and chances are the leathers won't fit next year
    Yep annual kit changes LOL Up to that age, Baby Biker www.babybiker.co.uk was superb in that they offered part exchange on their kit, which offset the costs.
    As they out-grew those, scouring the ads was then the order of the day. Hand me downs just didn't work - "I'm not wearing her stuff"

Daughter passed her direct access 3yrs ago, and son is taking his now. Both have their own bikes (but that's another story LOL).
    regards, Bob

Benelli LE 79 & 94, Laverda SFC1000, Laverda 750 SF2, Ducati 1098R, BMW S1000XR, KTM 450EXC Racing,.

Name
    Lee Hardy
    Member #
    Nice one Tony. You can see his grin through his helmet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors