goddard race replica?
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: goddard race replica?

Name
    John Skjörestad
    Member #

goddard race replica?

After watching the benelli history on youtube, (yet again) I started thinking a bit about the bike that I titally fell in love with the first time I saw that videoclip... The Goddard racing tornado with double exhaust... Any of you lot know if there was ever made race replicas of that bike?

As many of you know I've been wanting a Tornado really bad for quite some time now, and now that I've finished the housebuilding it's time to do a bit more serious searching. Most likely I will have to buy one and then get it custom painted in the Goddard race scheme, and most likely also get a custom made "3 into 1 into 2"-exhaust, but if Benelli ever made a race replica it would be nice to know... I know that they recently made a lovely 1130 with the classic benelli silver/green, but with a darker green than on the standard tornado, and of course with the yellow circle for racing numbers on the sides, so maybe they'll make some other custom models too while they're at it?!? (or is that to much to hope for?)
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver...

Name
    Colin
    Member #
    Hi John

There were some LE race reps done as specials in Germany, but they were done using Decals and in my opinion did not look that great. This is something I have also toyed with and so I have a whole load of photos stashed of both schemes (the early and late ones) if you decide to do it. I have a spare set of carbon which I bought partly for this reason, so that I could keep a set of original fairing. The only reason I have not done it is down to funds and still being unsure about whether I want to ride a bike round with a washing machine manufacturer on the fairing I got a quote from a well respected firm in the UK who would do it for £800 airbrushed, which was less than half what Altamura quoted me! So it can be done well at a not too extortionate price.

Cheers

Col
    Benelli Tornado LE #128
    Benelli 254 (in bits!)

Name
    StingerWolf
    Member #
    As far as I know there are 10 Goddard Replicas here in germany. For the double exhaust thing get in contact with maniacmotors he can help you with that
    [email protected]
    I talked with him a few days ago about the double exhaust and he has done it for a customer after that the Tornado (1130) had a lot more Power (10-12PS if I remember right)!!!
    For my opinion, I don´t like the look of 2 exhausts on a Tornado.

Sponsors