Gear lever tip broken
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gear lever tip broken

Italian bikes rulez... :D Esefar's Avatar
    Member #

Angry Gear lever tip broken

I was using lately my Tre K to commute to work because I sold my car and Harry Nash accidentally reseted the fuelling so I can achieve better mileage now. It can be still improved, but to achieve 120 miles with 16.5 lt with half of them in the city from a 1130 cc bike I think that it is acceptable. It doesn't do wheelies so easily though as it did when I first got the bike ...

Anyway, back to our subject, at a shift up, the tip from the gear lever fell off. I got it home by just shifting the lever with my toe, but I will need this part...

AI will try to fix it by DIY job, but any ideas how can I find it in a reasonable price? (not sth like £50 for just a tip)
    After the Aprilia, Benelli? I think I'm mad!!!

Name
    Robin's Album
    Member #

gear lever tip

Hi

Have a look at this thread. If you just lost the tip, you can fix it. Even if the disc is gone too, make one - so much cheaper than Benelli prices!

Robin
    How many bikes is too many?

Name
    Shane
    Member #

It'll kill it.

I'm commuting on my Tornado. It won't run well in the cold and cuts out so it's back in the garage for long rides only.
    Only 10 miles a day feels like it's killing the engine with clonks and tuff gear changes on early morning starts.

Cheap jap winter bikes are where it's at.

“No, no, no.
    There's no such thing as cheap and cheerful. It's cheap and nasty & expensive and cheerful.”

Jeremy Clarkson

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Robin's Album
    Member #

commuting

Hi

I commute 8-10 miles each way on my Tre-K - does it no harm at all. If you ride it far enough to warm it up (about 2 miles for mine), it's fine. We're on the Tre-K forum here - don't know about Tornados, but they don't look like a commuter bike to me.

Italian bikes rulez... :D Esefar's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Hi

I commute 8-10 miles each way on my Tre-K - does it no harm at all. If you ride it far enough to warm it up (about 2 miles for mine), it's fine. We're on the Tre-K forum here - don't know about Tornados, but they don't look like a commuter bike to me.
    That's correct, I don't think that Tornado is a commuter, but I cannot see any reasons why Tre k shouldn't... I started feeling comfortable with it and it is soooo good...

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow I will probably fix it with stuff from B&Q, so I will keep you informed
    After the Aprilia, Benelli? I think I'm mad!!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Esefar View Post
    That's correct, I don't think that Tornado is a commuter, but I cannot see any reasons why Tre k shouldn't... I started feeling comfortable with it and it is soooo good...

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow I will probably fix it with stuff from B&Q, so I will keep you informed
    I regularly use mine for commuting 15 miles each way. Cant think of a better way to arrive at work with a smile and to get home relaxed after a hard day at pit face. Im getting about 145 miles to 18 litres (about 36 mpg much better than the 29 mpg when I first got her) which is when the last bar goes out.
    GwenSP
    Near Cardiff butt.
    10 1130 Tre-k
    83 Moto Guzzi SP1000NT

Name
    Tim Wynn
    Member #

My TRE K is ALIVE!!

I use mine for commuting too, about 15 miles each way although at slower speeds in full power mode it complains by banging and coughing. After 3K revs it sings!
    Strange thing happened yesterday though. Went for a ride into Wales just to clear the cobwebs. Stopped for a hot chocolate and met some old friends then when I walked outside and tried starting the Tre K it turned over but just would not fire! "K" light is lit but it does that from time to time. So, checked battery connections - fine, checked clutch lever switch - fine, tried starting again and it turns over but still does not fire. So check sidestand switch - clutching at straws now and wondering how long it will take NCI to rescue me. Discovered that the gear change lever pinch bolt is really loose and about to fall out...so tighten bolt and I know that does not affect starting! Decided to try one more time before reaching for the cell phone and blow me down fires first time!!! I can only think that Little Nell knew the bolt was loose and would not start until I had secured it? Is this evidence of a sentinent being?

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    Yep, that'll be the new telemetry that's now built into all modern Benelli's.

Every nut and bolt is monitored and the engine is prevented from firing if anything is working loose. It's a safety feature to meet the new Euro requirements
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Name
    Robin's Album
    Member #

telemetry?

Hi Lawrence

How has my bike allowed me to do 10,000 miles with a cracked frame? Does the frame think it's OK?

Name
    Tim Wynn
    Member #
    Methinks that you must have one of the slightly older models. Or, much more likely, the wire from the frame to the monitoring hardware went open circuit where the frame cracked. They haven't put a monitoring circuit on to the monitoring circuit and it can't detect a fault on itself!

Sponsors