Amazonas Removing the Rear Wheel..... Oh!! n the front wheel comes off too :-)
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Amazonas Removing the Rear Wheel..... Oh!! n the front wheel comes off too :-)

Member #

Amazonas Removing the Rear Wheel..... Oh!! n the front wheel comes off too :-)

I have just finished removing the wheels from my Amazonas. I know there have been a number of posts......... so thought I would put some pictures on that explains thing's.

First place the bike on suitable paddock stands:
    1. Undo the four pinch bolts
    2. Remove the two (special gold nuts). A 12mm allen key or socket is a must.
    3. Screw a little bolt into the spindle retaining pins and pull them out carefully.
    4. Push the wheel cams forward and remove the chain, then tap out the spindle with a bit of wood (check both sides as you go to make sure the whole assembly does not fall out).
    5 Remove the wheel (careful of the speed sensor near the calliper).

If its the first time the wheel has been removed things can be well stuck so gently is the word.

Putting back together is the reverse but make sure you put the little retaining pins in the right way round for next time. Once the pins are in adjust the chain using a pair of pliers (wrapped in a cloth to avoid marks) in the cam.

Hope that helps J.L.

P.S. Front wheel is fairly straight forward (Paddock stand, pinch bolts then unscrew the spindle). Make sure you invest in a 18mm allen socket...... it will prevent tears

Amazonas Removing the Rear Wheel..... Oh!! n the front wheel comes off too :-)-wp_20160909_003.jpgAmazonas Removing the Rear Wheel..... Oh!! n the front wheel comes off too :-)-wp_20160909_004.jpgAmazonas Removing the Rear Wheel..... Oh!! n the front wheel comes off too :-)-wp_20160909_005.jpgAmazonas Removing the Rear Wheel..... Oh!! n the front wheel comes off too :-)-wp_20160909_006.jpgAmazonas Removing the Rear Wheel..... Oh!! n the front wheel comes off too :-)-wp_20160909_007.jpg
    Last edited by j.lawrie; 09-13-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Sponsors