New Tre K 1130 on the way
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Tre K 1130 on the way

Name
    Carl Williams
    Member #

New Tre K 1130 on the way

Decided I needed another bike in the garage (been cleaning it out for a few weeks so suddenly there's room next to my Speed Triple 1050) so went out and left a deposit on a 2007 Tre1130K yesterday. Trying to sort out when I can pick it up at the moment but, at the moment, Friday 24th looks like the best bet so that I can enjoy it over the Bank Holiday weekend:-)

I've been looking around for some luggage for it as I'd like to do a little touring this year but I have to be honest it's proving difficult to find many options as everything I see is for later models. Does anyone know if pannier fitting kits from later Trk's will fit my bike? Failing that can anyone recommend some luggage options, I don't really like tank bags so it'll be top box or panniers, they've used on their bikes.

Looking forward to getting involved in the forum

Carl

GBo
    Member #
    A lot of the tre1130ks seem to have come with panniers. The panniers are monokey so standard so all you really need are the frames.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    I've got the Givi monokey paniers and a top box .. to be honest all you need is a topbox and a waterproof stuff sack over the seat .
    This topbox plate looks great on the Trek

https://www.motocard.com/en/case-gri...AaAt88EALw_wcB

I bought one for my bike and the 52L Givi monokey box fits a treat .
    I'm thinking of getting the Trekker topbox to match it now .

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Carl Williams
    Member #
    I'd have preferred the panniers but it's looks like the top box it will have to be as my bike doesn't have the pannier frames and it looks like they are as rare as rocking horse shit!

I've seen the top box frame in a few places and I'll look on ebay for someone selling a second hand Givi Top Box

Thanks for the feedback

Carl

GBo
    Member #
    George on the Facebook page is selling a set of panniers and frames

Name
    Carl Williams
    Member #
    Thanks for that, forum membership is pending:-)

GBo
    Member #
    Sorry got that wrong it was on here george1 he wanted £100 for panniers and frames which is a bit of a bargain.

Name
    Lars
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by descarl View Post
    Decided I needed another bike in the garage (been cleaning it out for a few weeks so suddenly there's room next to my Speed Triple 1050) so went out and left a deposit on a 2007 Tre1130K yesterday. Trying to sort out when I can pick it up at the moment but, at the moment, Friday 24th looks like the best bet so that I can enjoy it over the Bank Holiday weekend:-)

I've been looking around for some luggage for it as I'd like to do a little touring this year but I have to be honest it's proving difficult to find many options as everything I see is for later models. Does anyone know if pannier fitting kits from later Trk's will fit my bike? Failing that can anyone recommend some luggage options, I don't really like tank bags so it'll be top box or panniers, they've used on their bikes.

Looking forward to getting involved in the forum

Carl

Hi.

Congrats on your bike. It reallly is a nice piece of machinery.

I got my 2007 Trek 1130 two years ago. Imported from germany to Norway. I have put app. 20' km on it and so far there has been no issues. But the german dealer went thru a major maintenanace job before i got it.

I fitted a givi rack for a topbox last year. Got it on the net from a german dealer. The installation took me 2 hours and I am not much of a mechanic. It fitted without any adjustments. But as far as I remember I had to remove the exhaust.

The bike is noisy. But it is surprisingly comfortable. (But the pillion seat is poor). Motor runs great. I keep up with my brothers Fireblade up to 150 km. :-)

I keep my fingers crossed that the bike will not break down. There is no dealer or certified mechanic in Scandinavia any more. So I have to go to Germany or UK to find a mechanic.

Lars :-)

Sponsors