Amazonas to Tre K
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Engenia

Thread: Amazonas to Tre K

Member #

Amazonas to Tre K

Greetings

A question if you will indulge me. Is the only real dfference beween a Tre K and an Amazonas the suspension and wheels? That is, if one wanted to convert the one model to the other, would one simply swap the suspension & wheels, or does the swing arm have to swap also?

regards
    Scott

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Hi Scott,
    I'm pretty sure it's only the wheels and front forks .
    Oh and the yellow and black plastics.
    Although I'm sure some of them had radial brakes too up front depending on build date or destination country .
    I may be wrong of course .
    Longer cables and brake lines may be needed up front .
    Cheers Rick

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    I can't really see the point of the Amazonas. It's so similar to the normal Tre-K that you'd need a very finely tuned arse to notice the difference when riding it. I doubt that the wire wheels are any better than the cast ones.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
    I can't really see the point of the Amazonas. It's so similar to the normal Tre-K that you'd need a very finely tuned arse to notice the difference when riding it. I doubt that the wire wheels are any better than the cast ones.
    Good point ...
    I reckon thoughts like this about having an Amazonas over a STD Trek come from the only decent review on YouTube of any trek's by Powerdrift haha.
    A better option would to invest in new adjustable front fork cartridges on a std trek 🙂

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    I wouldn't ever consider buying an Amazonas to take to the dirt, its simply too heavy, but I'd rather be on the Amazonas than a TreK if I had severely underestimated the "road" I found myself on.
    When it comes to riding through a bulldust hole -

(That one you could see, many you can't)
    - I'd rather have the extra suspension travel, the slightly bigger front wheel, the spoked wheels, the knobbly tyres and higher ground clearance of the Amazonas, but I wouldn't enjoy picking up either bike the second or third time!
    ron d likes this.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

Name
    ron daly
    Member #
    WOW, class loved it and can't stop laughing.

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    [QUOTE=Engenia;248237]I wouldn't ever consider buying an Amazonas to take to the dirt, its simply too heavy ...QUOTE]

Yeah. The Tre- isn't much of a bike for rough dirt roads. It has rubbish mudguards to start with. It's a great tarmac bike though. The reason I bought mine was that I was looking for a bike with a comfortable riding position. Nearly all of my bikes for the last 50 years have been sports oriented with low bars and rear set footrests. While I still enjoy riding them, my old bones find it a bit tough on long rides. I was looking for something with more of an upright sitting position. I was actually in the market for a Ducati Multistrada, but the Tre-K appeared at a very good price, so I figured it was worth a shot. I might have thought again if I'd been aware of the Z25 hassles.

Member #

yet more

[QUOTE=Sprocket;248249]
    Quote Originally Posted by Engenia View Post
    I wouldn't ever consider buying an Amazonas to take to the dirt, its simply too heavy ...QUOTE]

I might have thought again if I'd been aware of the Z25 hassles.
    Indeed.

Another question if I may, what year did Benelli finally resolve the z25 problems? I assumed post 2010 models?

regards Scott

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
    I might have thought again if I'd been aware of the Z25 hassles.
    I'm glad you did. That's one more Tre still on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by McRoyWalace View Post
    what year did Benelli finally resolve the z25 problems? I assumed post 2010 models?
    It probably took a year after the 1130 came out. The 900 showed signs of the problem, with broken intermediate gears, but it took the 1130, built in-house to point them in the right direction.
    I changed mine in 2008, even though the factory wasn't suggesting it should be done, but by that time I had worked out what was going on, and that the problem was with ALL Tres, not just the 1130.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

Sponsors