Normal treK 899 temp ??
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Laurencewhite

Thread: Normal treK 899 temp ??

Member #

Normal treK 899 temp ??

Hi guys, new owner here, surely you already have posted something about normal temp and i apologise if im reposting but im really concern about the operating temperature.

In a traffic light it appears that gonna burn me alive, in a day with 30c degrees.

The fans in this moment wont turn off, however she doesnt stall at any time.

Can anyone confirm if this behavior is normal?.

Then temp goes up to the 4 line in the indicator, does anyone know how to read the match between lines and degrees?

Thanks everyone for reading this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    My 1130 k never goes past where your temperature gauge is showing in the photo , and I've ridden in temps over 35°c in Italy and France

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    The temperature gauges on Benelli Tre's are notoriously inaccurate. The gauge on my Tornado shows 105 when it is actually at 120 and spilling its guts over the workshop floor.
    If you want to know exactly what it is you will have to connect TuneECU to the bike
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
    My 1130 k never goes past where your temperature gauge is showing in the photo , and I've ridden in temps over 35°c in Italy and France
    thank you Rick, i bought the bike the last friday and i just put in some new oil and filter, now the bike is running smoother and cooler that before. (i got it with 1000 miles on it, i think it never got an oil change the poor thing)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Engenia View Post
    The temperature gauges on Benelli Tre's are notoriously inaccurate. The gauge on my Tornado shows 105 when it is actually at 120 and spilling its guts over the workshop floor.
    If you want to know exactly what it is you will have to connect TuneECU to the bike

hahaha!; I have been reading some of that topic, but i dont have the cable that connects to the bike, i got the db9 to usb, but not the other one, do you know where can i get one?

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Best you go to the TuneECU website. Its full of info on how to make it work with Sagem & your Walbro ECU.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    i got the db9 to usb, but not the other one, do you know where can i get one?
    Contact forum member Stingerwolf who will be able to supply a complete cable for TuneEcu
    StingerWolf likes this.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurencewhite View Post
    Contact forum member Stingerwolf who will be able to supply a complete cable for TuneEcu
    thank u mr White, will do asap.

I got an update in the issue: i was messing around with the idle regulation bold and was able to bring it down around 1050 rpm, with this i got the bike MUUUCH cooler in the traffic jams, after a 1:20h drive in a 35°c, this is the first day i dont get to my job like burning alive, and the fans fells a lot more relief.

Normal treK 899 temp ??-2asd.jpg

PS: Sorry for the size of the first photo, i didn't realize the size until i opened the post on pc.

Sponsors