Servicing forks .
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Servicing forks .

Name
    Rick
    Member #

Servicing forks .

Hi all ,
    hope your well and not too bored out of your brains in these difficult times.

Anyway I've decided to change my fork oil and while they are apart the oil seals too .

Looking at my notes I've done 7500 miles on this oil so it's time for fresh oil to help keep the damping consist from morning to afternoons.
    And Because I've got the Andreani cartridge inserts fitted which are just fantastic compared to the OE ones I'll be using 5w oil .

This was a job I was Keeping for when I really really got to the end of rope .. haha .
    Stay safe all.
    Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Servicing forks .-img_20200510_080152_1589095186380.jpg   Servicing forks .-img_20200510_080241_1589095285182.jpg  

Member #

900 Tre Forks

Hi Nick again,
    I have always found the ride very harsh and quite a clonk if there is a dip in the road, I wondered if I can check oil levels with forks on bike, or do I need to drain and then refill with right quantity? (240cc each leg?) How do I get back to recommended setting for damping? Sorry to be a nuisance!!

GBo
    Member #
    If you look in manual the measurement is 130 mm from top of tube with forks compressed and no spring. So you have to remove top cap and spring. Then you need a piece of tube and a stop of some kind with 130 mm of tube sticking below, drop it in and suck if nothing comes add more. If you get some you could have too much.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #

900 Tre Forks

Quote Originally Posted by GBo View Post
    If you look in manual the measurement is 130 mm from top of tube with forks compressed and no spring. So you have to remove top cap and spring. Then you need a piece of tube and a stop of some kind with 130 mm of tube sticking below, drop it in and suck if nothing comes add more. If you get some you could have too much.
    Many thanks GBo, I will have a go! Jerry.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Jerry ,
    I'd go with Glynn's advice re 130mm ect.
    You can always remove or add a little to your preferred ride requirements. But only by about 10mm either way but monitor the ride quality and look out for any issues..

As for damping settings have a look on YouTube for "2 clicks out " by Dave moss a great guy and a lot can be learnt from his videos.
    Some are just trailers but full ones were sponsored by sports bike wrench . Typical American style but very good .

I've just put my forks back together this evening and on the Trek with Andreani inserts they take 650ml in each leg.
    This time round I used a set of Swiss made ARi model 903 seals they looked far superior to the ones that came off .

Time will tell aye .

Sponsors