Relais
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slip

Thread: Relais

Member #

Relais

Hello everyone, I'm trying to remove the dreaded Datatool alarm from a Tre-K and I'm afraid not to paralyse it for good. Could someone please make a picture of the relais under the seat so I can be sure I am not extirpating any vital organs? I should have not bought this thing 😁 but here I am and hope to have it sorted osoon. Bennetts was/is the good address for the Bellas in the UK, right?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by aquilla View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm trying to remove the dreaded Datatool alarm from a Tre-K and I'm afraid not to paralyse it for good. Could someone please make a picture of the relais under the seat so I can be sure I am not extirpating any vital organs? I should have not bought this thing 😁 but here I am and hope to have it sorted osoon. Bennetts was/is the good address for the Bellas in the UK, right?
    I've got a datatool in my hand at the moment as i had to remove it from my bike a while ago. (happened to come across it yesterday).

Removing it was simple as long as you had the replacement white block connector ( that came attached to bike next to the relays, it has wires that come out of it but just loop back again into the same connector to complete the circuit. ) to refit to the original loom. I was lucky as i had a spare loom to compare the original connector , so had a spare readlily available.

The datatool i have left over disconnected from the bike has a male 9 pin white connector and just two wires on a sub circuit which were just cut off.

The missing white connector with the correct loop back wiring (which i'lll assume you won't have) is just the bypass which if you don't refit locks you out of starting the bike.

I'll see if i can get a picture later of what you are looking for.
    ron d likes this.

Member #
    Thank you, on a second thought, I'm not sure it's a good idea to post said pictures here, pm or email me if you find anything useful please.
    The thing is that the datatool unit is cabled like a power plant would be to the national power grid and all that handfull of cables leads under the three relais on the left side. It has a small in between box whose back cover is screwed in only 2 of the original 4 screws but i didn't have the right screwdriver to open it up and look inside. It is to dangerous for me without a wiring diagram, which I have not, to start fumbling with it. I would rather leave it than kill it.

Sponsors