Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Vacuum distributor

Name
    Rolf Wittwer
    Member #

Idle speed control distributor

Part R18324041A. I searched for an alternative source since I couldn't get shipping from Germany. This appears to be the same item from China (for anyone still trading with the Country): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3282...2bb47b31DrtQ82

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron57 View Post
    Part R18324041A. I searched for an alternative source since I couldn't get shipping from Germany. This appears to be the same item from China (for anyone still trading with the Country): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3282...2bb47b31DrtQ82

(for anyone still trading with the country)

Good Shout ! when will the world wake up.
    We all have been buying knock off products from China for years, growing their economy, making them rich. because they are CHEAP
    215 infected countries and territories 5,000,000 plus infections, hundreds of thousands of deaths again around the world.

Its about time China woke up, told the world exactly what they have done and how they are controlling it (if they actually are ).
    All products from China , frozen on the high sea,s , not landed until they pay a 200% import tariff to the country they are selling into.

If you crush their economy they may have more respect for the world. they have ruined us , its payback time .
    I know its radical ,but these are radical times , the world has been changed.
    ron d likes this.

GBo
    Member #
    Iím afraid we canít stop buying from them short term anyway. Almost every item we buy will have some Chinese components. We can try and encourage locally produced goods.

But basically greed and pride have got us into this position, greed because companies and ourselves want to minimise costs and pride because we donít want to do unpleasant jobs and think we deserve unduly high wages to do them. An example at the moment is fruit and vegetable picking, if in doubt get cheap foreign labour in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GBo View Post
    Iím afraid we canít stop buying from them short term anyway. Almost every item we buy will have some Chinese components. We can try and encourage locally produced goods.

But basically greed and pride have got us into this position, greed because companies and ourselves want to minimise costs and pride because we donít want to do unpleasant jobs and think we deserve unduly high wages to do them. An example at the moment is fruit and vegetable picking, if in doubt get cheap foreign labour in.

The logic is simple , if the Chinese product is 3 times the price , it makes it plausible to manufacture it. YES prices will go up , maybe even inflation, paying interest on borrowed money. Currencies balancing out , based on economies , and the success of the products produced. We will need something to rebuild the economy.
    My father came out of the last war, demobbed, after spending 7 years of his life fighting for his country., he even spent almost 2 years 1945 - 47 driving live munitions for disposal. A rather dodgy job, I hasten to say.
    His reward when he got home was , no work . so he went shovelling apples for cider making. He eventually got a proper job , long distant driving , away from home for days . that is about the only thing the Army did for him, it taught him to drive anything, including a motorcyle.

Fruit picking and harvesting, we are going to have a lot of unemployed, any one who wishes to boost their income , can get jobs , on the land .

"The times , they are a changing "
    ron d likes this.

GBo
    Member #
    I agree the lazy and manipulative people amongst us need encouraging to change. But it won’t be quick or easy.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    i still believe this specific part can be repaired as i did or substituted with a similar unit from a triumph with a slight modification for the fraction of the cost of an original benelli part

GBo
    Member #
    What was the problem with yours and how did you repair it Rick

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GBo View Post
    What was the problem with yours and how did you repair it Rick
    Glynn , the top of the plastic housing broke off as I lifted the airbox off .
    Exposing the lovey clean inside airways of the vacuum /air bypass pipes.
    A bit of decent super glue and some time spent sealing all the air leaks with more glue to achieve a steady tickover.
    While I was at it I installed a newish stepper motor off a triumph 955i .
    If I couldn't of fixed it I was just going to put a complete 2002 955i stepper unit inside the airbox and make the necessary changes for the three pipes ect.
    GBo likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors