Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Laurencewhite
  • 1 Post By McRoyWalace

Thread: Amazonas and Tre K seat height

Member #

Amazonas and Tre K seat height

Greetings and salutations

I hope that you all are keeping safe and healthy in these unusual days.

About 15 years ago I was ogling a yellow and black Amazonas, but it felt too tall for me to be really comfortable getting on and off. As I remember.

The Benelli brochure I have says that the Tre K seat height is 850, and Amazonas 880. I reckon the bike I sat on was more than 850, which is about my sensible limit. Yes, I could wear heels, but I do not really have the legs for such frivolity.

I have also seen web references to specs that say seat height of 810 for the Tre K and 840 for the Amaz? I would post the brochure but it is too large.

I sat on an Amazonas the other day and was surprised, given my recollections, to find myself with both feet flat on the floor. I am not getting taller, so I assumed it had been lowered, although the bike shop said not.

The forks appeared to be where I would expect for normal, i.e. not lots of tube poking over the top of the fork clamps, and it has spoked wheels, so if it is lowered it was not done that way.

If it had been lowered, how might that have been done, and how would I tell? If it rides well I will not be worried, but one likes to know what one is getting into. Some people do weird things to their bikes.

I would appreciate any views on this.

kind regards

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    Did it have flat tyres???
    fredzedex likes this.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    My Tre K measuring roughly 830mm seat height.
    It is possible that it may have lowering links fitted to suspension.
    Or maybe the owner has rotated the rear chain adjuster to place the wheel at its lowest position ..

Having Flat tyres is still a good bet Lawrence lol..

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Benelli visit 05/2010
    Member #
    If this is any help lowered my Amazonas by 30mm using dog bones from Lust Racing.
    Benelli TreK Amazonas Lowering kits | TREK Lowering Links | Benelli Amazonas Seat height lowering | Lust Racing
    It is necessary to lower the front forks as well by about 20mm and also shorten hte side stand by similar amount (cut off the foot, chop 25mm off the length and weld the foot back on).
    Hope this helps.

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    ..... shorten the side stand by similar amount (cut off the foot, chop 25mm off the length and weld the foot back on).
    Better to add a few degrees of angle to it with a couple of wedges. That way you can return it to the original height with ease.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurencewhite View Post
    Did it have flat tyres???

I did not think of that. But surely, if I rolled it fore or aft, the flat bit would move up or back, and the original seat height would return?
    Laurencewhite likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
    My Tre K measuring roughly 830mm seat height.
    It is possible that it may have lowering links fitted to suspension.
    Or maybe the owner has rotated the rear chain adjuster to place the wheel at its lowest position ..

Having Flat tyres is still a good bet Lawrence lol..
    Thank you.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    If this is any help lowered my Amazonas by 30mm using dog bones from Lust Racing.
    Benelli TreK Amazonas Lowering kits | TREK Lowering Links | Benelli Amazonas Seat height lowering | Lust Racing
    It is necessary to lower the front forks as well by about 20mm and also shorten hte side stand by similar amount (cut off the foot, chop 25mm off the length and weld the foot back on).
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks Gordon. Nice to know that Lust make bits for Benelli.

Member #

Lowering Kit

Quote Originally Posted by McRoyWalace View Post
    Greetings and salutations

I hope that you all are keeping safe and healthy in these unusual days.

About 15 years ago I was ogling a yellow and black Amazonas, but it felt too tall for me to be really comfortable getting on and off. As I remember.

The Benelli brochure I have says that the Tre K seat height is 850, and Amazonas 880. I reckon the bike I sat on was more than 850, which is about my sensible limit. Yes, I could wear heels, but I do not really have the legs for such frivolity.

I have also seen web references to specs that say seat height of 810 for the Tre K and 840 for the Amaz? I would post the brochure but it is too large.

I sat on an Amazonas the other day and was surprised, given my recollections, to find myself with both feet flat on the floor. I am not getting taller, so I assumed it had been lowered, although the bike shop said not.

The forks appeared to be where I would expect for normal, i.e. not lots of tube poking over the top of the fork clamps, and it has spoked wheels, so if it is lowered it was not done that way.

If it had been lowered, how might that have been done, and how would I tell? If it rides well I will not be worried, but one likes to know what one is getting into. Some people do weird things to their bikes.

I would appreciate any views on this.

kind regards
    My one has a lowering kit. I know this because I bought one and took it to a garage to fit while the bike was in for a service and they rang me to say the exact lowering kit I gave them to fit has already been installed. So if anyone needs the kit I'd be happy to sell it.

Member #

Lust Racing UK. Passion for bikers

[QUOTE = McRoyWalace; 255459] Hilsener og hilsener

Jeg håper at dere alle holder dere trygge og sunne i disse uvanlige dager.

For omtrent 15 år siden slo jeg en gul og svart Amazonas, men det føltes for høyt til at jeg ikke var veldig komfortabel med å komme meg av og på. Som jeg husker.

Benelli-brosjyren jeg har sier at Tre K-setehøyden er 850, og Amazonas 880. Jeg regner med at sykkelen jeg satt på var mer enn 850, som er omtrent min fornuftige grense. Ja, jeg kunne ha på meg hæler, men jeg har egentlig ikke bena for slik lettsindighet.

Jeg har også sett nettreferanser til spesifikasjoner som sier setehøyde på 810 for Tre K og 840 for Amaz? Jeg vil legge ut brosjyren, men den er for stor.

Jeg satt på en Amazonas forleden dag og ble overrasket, med mine erindringer, over å finne meg selv med begge føttene flate på gulvet. Jeg blir ikke høyere, så jeg antok at den hadde blitt senket, selv om sykkelbutikken sa ikke.

Gaflene så ut til å være der jeg forventer for normalt, dvs. ikke mye rør som stikker over toppen av gaffelklemmene, og det har eiker hjul, så hvis det senkes, ble det ikke gjort på den måten.

Hvis det hadde blitt senket, hvordan kunne det ha blitt gjort, og hvordan ville jeg fortelle det? Hvis det kjører bra, vil jeg ikke være bekymret, men man liker å vite hva man går inn i. Noen mennesker gjør rare ting med syklene sine.

Jeg vil sette pris på eventuelle synspunkter på dette.

vennlig hilsen [/ QUOTE]

Sponsors