Reset adaptation
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Reset adaptation

GBo
    Member #

Reset adaptation

I have tried a couple of times to do this with no luck. My bike has walbro and 2 maps. Every time it is greyed out and I cannot select it. And definitely hot enough and TPS reset. Any thoughts?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GBo View Post
    I have tried a couple of times to do this with no luck. My bike has walbro and 2 maps. Every time it is greyed out and I cannot select it. And definitely hot enough and TPS reset. Any thoughts?
    Seem to remember asking the same thing a while back and the answer was either on the forum or in the tune ecu forums that the reset adaption is greyed out on the walbro for the trek because it's not relevant.

Name
    Rolf Wittwer
    Member #

Reset adaption - 12 minute tune

As per the TuneECU instructions: To reset adaption start without touching the throttle. Let it idle until the coolant reaches 80C then another 12 minutes. You should find the fan starts cutting in and out to control the coolant temperature and the O2 feedback should settle at 1.0V. This works. My bike auto adapted for a faulty TPS on a long ride and became impossible to ride at low revs. When I fitted the new TPS it refused to run with any map in that map slot. I performed the adaption reset ritual and that fixed it.

Sponsors