Benelli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new green/silver Tornado Tre 1130 last Monday...it's everything I expected..and more...also have 07' MV F1000 Senna, 07' Ducati S2r 1000 (track day bike).

The Nelli has it's distinctive characteristics re: performance, handling, sound and looks...I know it's the newest toy..but I can't stop grinnin' after the first 50 mile canyon cruise..

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Just picked up my new green/silver Tornado Tre 1130 last Monday...it's everything I expected..and more...also have 07' MV F1000 Senna, 07' Ducati S2r 1000 (track day bike).

The Nelli has it's distinctive characteristics re: performance, handling, sound and looks...I know it's the newest toy..but I can't stop grinnin' after the first 50 mile canyon cruise..
If you don't mind me asking. Whats the price of the bike in the states. Over here they are £10 k . Enjoy the bike.:clap:

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Zim32 where did you get your bike, I saw a new tre (with a sold sign) last week at Moto Forza in Escondido.

Paul

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Hey..congrats!! I am almost ready to pull the trigger on one but I would really like to hear about your experiences. I'll pm you with my number. Call me if you don't mind. :)
:D :D

·
Registered
346 Posts

I have an 05 F41000S and was wondering how you would rate the 1130 vs the F4.
I was considering selling my car, getting a cheap 4door ride and getting a Cafe Racer, but not sure if that's neccessary if the Tornado is a better riding/handling and running bike.
I LOVE my MV, so it's hard for me to believe anything is better.. so you'll have to convince me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love my F4 Senna..the performance is unbelievable...suspension is top notch...sounds great and the looks are 2nd to none and somewhat exclusive...I have found myself in a suspended "state of animation" just staring at it in my garage after many a ride.

Then I got the 1130 Tornado a week ago today..have put on approx. 125 miles...all in the canyons...and I am just giddy. I LOVE the 3 cylinder motor...a little rough sounding up till approx. 4000 rpm...but after that it provides my senses with a feeling unmatched with anything I've ever ridden...and I've ridden a few. It felt better in the slow stuff than did the F4 Senna... really quick "turn in" on corner entry which I attribute to the geometry achieved by having the radiator in back and engine as far forward...really noticed it. Solid as a rock mid corner but didn't really do that much hi-speed stuff...Can't imagine anything better for the high speed stuff than the F4. Benelli is a bit more comfortable then your F4 for a long journey..but not that big a difference imho. I feel like I'm faster on the Benelli...just easier for me to ride. It's very exclusive, beautiful...and did I mention the engine north of 4000 rpm's???? Most fun on two wheels (on the street) I've EVER HAD....

·
Registered
346 Posts
So it's pretty nice eh? Seat height is a little nuts though, right?
How about the heat? My F4 makes me sing Christmas Carols (My nuts roasting on an open seat, wrist pains getting on my nerves. Tiny noises, being sung by my mirrors, and backpains seem the way it goes)..
anyway.. I have ridden my F4 about 2500miles since i bought it (May 26th 2008) 700miles in one shot. I can only assume the seat on the Benelli leaves your rump as sore and blistered as the MV.
My other option (not getting rid of the MV and just adding a bike) would be to get the Cafe Racer. I rode one two days ago and HOLY CRAP I love it. I wanted to buy it right there on the spot.
I feel faster on my MV than I've felt on any bike. (97TLR, 97TLS, 07RSV1000R). I can lean it around a curve all the way down the the end of the tire and feel like I'm not really working at it. In the past I'd just get too nervous and have to slow down a little more .. I noticed the Cafe Racer actually felt A LOT easier in low speed corners than my MV feels, but not sure about the high speed curves. . a 15MPH rated curve at 50MPH on the cafe Racer seemed to be an effortless task...
So.. what to do .. what to do.
I can get a Cafe Racer for $12,999 NEW or an 1130 for $17,995 New. I think I'd like to keep the F4, because I too love to just sit and stare at it. I love it so much that I haven't driven my car, ANYWHERE, in 3 1/2 weeks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seat height is a tad higher on the Benelli..no big deal...I'm 5'11''. No heat from under the seat....at all. I feel the seats are comparable for comfort and the riding position not quite as aggressive as the MV.

Haven't seen or riffen the Cafe racer..so can't comment on it..

·
Registered
346 Posts
You suck dude. I just got my MV and now you got me sitting here contemplating getting rid of it. I almost got a 900tre, I'm SO glad I didn't, especially now that the 1130's are here.

So.. I have to ask. given the choice between an F41000S (used, no warranty and closest dealer 6 hours away) or a new 1130 ($5000 more than what I can get for my bike with a dealer 5 minutes from work) which would you take?

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
zim32 are you from the land of redman.
Your comparison of the MV and TRE is pretty good, it might inspire others to purchase a 1130.
Mighty Mouse I thought you had a cut deal on the 900.

You went quiet and then came back with a MV. How much did that set you back.

Paul

·
Registered
346 Posts
zim32 are you from the land of redman.
Your comparison of the MV and TRE is pretty good, it might inspire others to purchase a 1130.
Mighty Mouse I thought you had a cut deal on the 900.

You went quiet and then came back with a MV. How much did that set you back.

Paul
05 MV with 1900 miles for 11400.. it was in perfect condition too.. (still is)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats Zim32! Glad to hear your enjoying the Tornado and even happier to hear how well you feel it stacks up to the MV. If you ever find yourself north of L.A., be sure to stop by the dealership. Great roads abound and very close. Mulholland/Rock Store/PCH 20 mins. in one direction and Ojai/Santa Barbara 45 mins. in the other.

Paul
www.simibenelli.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts