Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Haven't logged on for a while - too busy riding the new bike!!!! :D

1 month into membership and I'm still loving it, despite a few 'quality' issues....the usual stuff.....flaking paint on the lower fairings, resetting clocks every time I start it etc etc.

My mechanic whose always looked after my bikes (although he hates Benellis which isn't a good start) reckons he can fix the resetting clocks by ordering a battery the same size as the original but with a higher output. What does anyone reckon?

I've had one big day out on her - 320miles - and it was fine comfort wise apart from the clutch. Has anyone else found the clutch really heavy on long rides? Are there any mods?

Any advice welcome and appreciated:clap:

RacingStick

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hi Racing Stick.:D

The clutches are all heavy, and the best remedy is to use it as little as possible - the clutch, that is, not Nellie!;) The art of clutchless changes will soon come.:D

Glad you are enjoying it:clap:

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hi guys,

Haven't logged on for a while - too busy riding the new bike!!!! :D

1 month into membership and I'm still loving it, despite a few 'quality' issues....the usual stuff.....flaking paint on the lower fairings, resetting clocks every time I start it etc etc.

My mechanic whose always looked after my bikes (although he hates Benellis which isn't a good start) reckons he can fix the resetting clocks by ordering a battery the same size as the original but with a higher output. What does anyone reckon?

I've had one big day out on her - 320miles - and it was fine comfort wise apart from the clutch. Has anyone else found the clutch really heavy on long rides? Are there any mods?

Any advice welcome and appreciated:clap:

RacingStick
Hiya mate.. The only truly reliable way of fixing the clocks is to get one of Errols (Engenia) UPS for the dash. Better battery and doubling up the HT leads will improve things. Check out his site for details.
The clutches on the standard Tre are all heavy and even a hydraulic clutch mod doesnt seem to help much (Laurence has done it). Best alternative solution apart from Ian's is to buy an LE - the clutch is light as a feather :D
Glad you are hooked.. get yourself to a meet sometime and meet the gang :clap:

Col

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
The higher output battery will not do much to help with the resetting of the clocks. If it bothers you that much, Engenia has developed a little UPS that fixes this altogether. :clap:

As for the clutch, you will get used to it after a while but if you can't wait until then, you could always try this

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
the joys of arm pump :bawl: i could hardly pull in the clutch on sunday on the way back from willingham woods, so that was my excuse when i proper got my ass wupped my a lady on her 675 triumph :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Oh no adrian a 675 and a lady rider(hmmm. Could I convert her to another triple) its that holiday
its made you forget the nelli tradition of whupping all contenders lol

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Clutch

Had my bike since 19/09/09 mate, had this done...

Forza Italia is cutting and shutting a standard lever into a dog leg design for me in a few weeks.
It's something the mechanic chap has done for other people with smaller digits, and has had good results.;)

If you get vibration try silicone in the bars, and Aprilia end weights.
Works a treat, but the end weights needed a slight mod.

Klinker:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts