Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - Hopefully someone out there in Benellie land can put my mind to rest on this one...
When I bought my 57plate 1130 a few weeks back i noticed the V5 document lists the power output as 102kw which translates to around 140bhp.
Now all spec sheets show the 1130 as being 160bhp so .... is the V5 document wrong and i shouldnt be worrying. OR have i somehow got an inported restricted (French) bike?
The bike was sold new in Scotland and supplied to the dealer by KLM of Wigan so it looks like a UK bike.
The bike feels like 160bhp but your advice would be great ....

·
Registered
256 Posts
tre =100kw

1130 tornado should be 120 kw, but same engine in a tnt is about 101kw:rolleyes: maybe a typo, or maybe you have a bitza, shut and cut special:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: seriously not funny if that were the case but I am sure some other 1130 owners can shed some light:bow: :bow:

·
1,841 Posts
You should have a certificate of conformity.This is issued by the manufacturer and includes the engine number, vin number and the power output.If not supplied try contacting Benelli direct.
colin..
PS, french bikes are 100 hp not kw I believe.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the bike 2nd hand with 1000miles on the clock but no certificate of conformity. I have the engine no etc so how do I check this is all cosher?
Is there any quick way to I'd a Tornado 1130 engine from a TNT?

·
1,841 Posts
Benelli should have records, the tnt does not have dry clutch ( except titanium) but it is prob hard to tell otherwise.

·
3,085 Posts
easy

go test ride a TnT 1130, should few the extra 25hp no worries :), highly doubt theres a tnt spec motor in it, you have one of 197 built, consider yourself lucky :bow:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE - Ive talked to the Uk importer MotoGB and emailed my V5 to Steve and they confirmed that the 101Kw is a misprint and it should read 120kw. So now I have to contact DVLA and request a change and send them a certificate of conformance which MotoGB can issue.:clap:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Shove the bad boy on a dyno for reassurance and at the same time fit a DNA air filter, a PC3 with some quality dyno time and drop a tooth off the front sprocket :D Oh.. and a nice pipe!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When the bike is the limiting factor I will take it over to alex at ManiacMotors in Neurnburg to let him loose on it. - at the moment its the rider limiting it in a big way!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts