Benelli Forum banner

21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Have to get a new battery at the weekend.

Anyone ever used Motobatt MBTX9U, there is one at the local, so would be keen to give it a go. Applications say its a fit for 1130 Tre.

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Have to get a new battery at the weekend.

Anyone ever used Motobatt MBTX9U, there is one at the local, so would be keen to give it a go. Applications say its a fit for 1130 Tre.
It's only good for 160 CCA. I'd go for something else.

Try a Yuasa YTZ14 S - 150 x 87 x 110mm @230CCA or a Lithium

·
5,891 Posts
Try a Yuasa YTZ14 S - 150 x 87 x 110mm @230CCA or a Lithium
If you go for a Lithium (my choice) be aware that when very cold, they won't deliver until warmed up internally. That only takes 3 or 4 stab on the starter button, but it is disconcerting when you aren't aware of the likelihood.
Look for one amongst this lot. My LH12B-4 has been superceded, but its still going strong after 6 years. I wouldn't use anything else on my bikes, and will look at ways of getting one into the 944 when the time comes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have Lithium on my MV F4, problem with that is when ever i`m on a roadtrip, even in summer time, temps can go to +5 C region in summer nights, and it wont fire the bike in the mornings without first keeping the lights on and stuff.

·
5,891 Posts
... without first keeping the lights on and stuff.
You don't need the lights on. All you need to do is attempt a crank for a second, which starts to warm the battery, give it a couple seconds rest, then repeat. Each attempt warms it some more, until after several attempts it is warm enough to start the engine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Does anyone have a picture of where the earth/negative cables are attached originally?

Also how the + is originally attached to the solenoid, alternator and starter?

My wires and cables really were a mess....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
If you get on the exhaust side of the bike, look up to the right of the oil cooler from under the fairing you can see the horn bolted up behind the fairing, you can just see the two electrical spade end insulated connectors on the top of the horn. there are some pics but not easy to see.
bike , tank off, air box on ,but you can see some of the electrical layout. got other projects at the moment but will get in deeper soon . View attachment 34505 View attachment 34507 View attachment 34509 View attachment 34511 View attachment 34513
What is that open connection on pic 3? The little white connector, does the sidestand connect to that?

·
Registered
906 Posts
What is that open connection on pic 3? The little white connector, does the sidestand connect to that?

No,

I have never found out what that one does. The side stand switch comes up between the water pump and the side of the alternator. First pic is 1130 Tornado its is between the two H/D power cables

. DSCF1432.JPG This pic is a 1130 trek you can see it better in this, it has yellow tape on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks again, i got really sidetracked with that connector.

Have to see if any power goes to it, just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thanks again, i got really sidetracked with that connector.

Have to see if any power goes to it, just out of curiosity.
There is the same connector on the 1130 tre K but it is under the seat, up by the relay bank and fusebox, also doing nothing.

Sorry the second picture was so big , do not know what happened there that is the Tornado 1130 , when I tried to move it, it expanded , but if if you scale to 25% you can see it clearly.

I have never seen two looms the same on these bikes, or the routing on the cables.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Its very strange this loom thing on this bike, not helped by the many modifications done to this before me.

There is also a 3 wire superseal connector under the tank that i cannot find a pair....

·
Registered
906 Posts
Its very strange this loom thing on this bike, not helped by the many modifications done to this before me.

There is also a 3 wire superseal connector under the tank that i cannot find a pair....
3 pin ? is it exhaust side above the clutch , if it is two blues and a brown it is most likely the speed sensor plug . it should be behind the rear brake master cylinder .
As i said they seem to have clipped the loom to both sides of the frame, some are wrapped in waxed cloth , others a sheathed in black glossy trunking . I thought about 2007 was the change over but have been proved wrong on that one .

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
You were right! Again....

No that i got it running again, im gona service the front forks. Is there any recommended mods for the forks while im at it?

·
Registered
906 Posts
You were right! Again....

No that i got it running again, im gona service the front forks. Is there any recommended mods for the forks while im at it?
They are pretty good as they are , I have changed the fork seals, you have got lots to play with set up wise, to suit you.
A change of oil always helps, how old is the bike and how many klms.
I have a set of Wilbers in mine ,but do not really think they make a lot of difference, not for road riding.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
They are pretty good as they are , I have changed the fork seals, you have got lots to play with set up wise, to suit you.
A change of oil always helps, how old is the bike and how many klms.
I have a set of Wilbers in mine ,but do not really think they make a lot of difference, not for road riding.
They do need new seals, have to do strip down and a clean up to them.

Its 2007 model, done 38k in kilometers, and my riding with this thing is 99% on the road....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Does anyone have a pic of the original mounting points of the ground points?

I have three ground wires, one goes from battery to the back of the breather box (main), one goes to the starter relay mounting bolt, and one goes to the ECU attaching bolt to the frame.

Is this what you are having too?

21 - 40 of 120 Posts