Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6,025 Posts
I'm looking for a DNA air filter element for my 1130 TnT.
I wouldn't bother. The only advantages of the DNA filter over the original are:
  1. It seals to the airbox (if you grease it), unlike the OEM sponge filter
  2. the surface are is about twice that of the OEM filter, meaning you only need to clean it half as often
I had Unifilter make an alternative sponge filter to the OEM. Several millimeters have been added radially so that it seals very well - better than the DNA filter. You don't need to grease the sides. You'll have to email them as it isn't in their common product list. Its part number is CF0581 and is a quarter of the price of the DNA alternative. It is also much sturdier & can be washed in Turpentine and oiled using a relatively cheap filter oil available from Unifilter. The DNA cleaning/oiling kit is very expensive in comparison.

I have installed it in two Tornados so far, and when my DNA filter dies, I'll be putting one in Nell.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You could write a short story of your involvement and attraction to Benelli. How you came to collect so much.
I have bought up some 5 bikes and bits that came with them over the years. "In case". You have helped me out several times now . I am still intrigued how that attic came about , and , what is in it !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts