Benelli Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Super Moderator
7,554 Posts

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Just be sure it fits and works first, it is a 500 euro mistake, if it is not suitable. Has anyone got info on this switch ?
Check the numbers on the advertised one, it is nothing like any of the Walbro,s I have on three different 1130 ,s I have.
check with ManiacMotors first. Does it work , are the plugs the same to your wiring loom ?

· Registered
127 Posts
Check the numbers on the advertised one, it is nothing like any of the Walbro,s I have on three different 1130 ,s I have.
Does it work , are the plugs the same to your wiring loom ?
As the Vin: ZBNTN00004P100077 indicates the box is from one of the first TNTs produced in 2004.

Walbro supplied ECUs only to Benelli and the plugs are identical to the later models.

The seller is a professional breaker that needs to provide warranty for 1 year according to EU law.

· Registered
1,167 Posts
No dispute on the seller or the ECU , but seller is in Germany , buyer I think is in NZ ? Advert says "no returns".
Also he is looking to replace an Athena with a Walbro. Are they interchangeable ? do the plugs fit from the later looms to the early ones.I have an 04 TNT and the Walbro Ecu is nothing like that one shown by the German seller.

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Further investigation confirms the WBE301 series Walbro ECu ,s 0304 series were used on the first TNT , replaced with 0404 series and then ECU1 A,s in 2007 and onwards. The clue is the early looms, they were bound with fabric black tape, 2007 onwards were sleeved in black pvc tubes. Later Ecu,s had the map programme on a second sticker. I can not confirm when the Athena ECU,s were introduced or if there were any changes to the loom layout/ connectors used. Simply because i have not got one .

· Registered
12 Posts
Hi All, thanks for the robust conversation, I have bought and Paid for one Wallbro unit from Toone D and it is the same as the top Wallbro unit shown in the above picture, my athena unit is black plastic and appears to have the same connectors, Phew started to panic there! I just need software to talk to it when it arrives. Another kind gentleman on this site said he had some software and cables to suit but I cant seem to find his details again. Any suggestions as to the best software / cable package (I run W10)? Thanks!

· Registered
12 Posts
Yes there is a particularly nasty Benelli dealer here in NZ called Experience Motorcycles, If you deal with them you will likely get a particularly Bad Experience, I bought a BMW R1200gs computer from them after checking *(With them) it would work and talk with my bike (Around $2000NZD) and it didnt, the parts manager stated he never said it would communicate with my bike (Obviously the only reason I would buy it) and they refused to take it back, I started legal action and then they offered a partial refund which I took as something is better than nothing. Now I have a Benelli and they refuse to help me (and they are the only Benelli dealer in Auckland NZ) so I have to go to other cities (2 hours away) to get help and so far the other dealers have been helpful but no tuner or dealer (In NZ) can connect with the Athena on a 2016 1130 Amazonas.

· Registered
12 Posts
I have paid for the ECU that Terry 99 recommended to a guy name toone d, I have paid toone d $480 NZD, ($305 USD) for the unit including freight, he has come back to me asking for a further $100 USD for freight due to "weather etc", I paid in Apple I Tunes cards, and I have asked him to provide a receipt for the freight (Proof of dispatch) which I will then pay but he wants payment up front, I have asked for him to trust that I will pay as the money already transferred will initially cover this. I am honest but this is feeling like a scam, (I have asked Terry 99 "can you please talk to him and get him to dispatch unit and the trust I have already shown will be repaid as I will pay on proof of shipping"). It is new years day here and nothing is open anyway. No response from toone d, and hoping for a response from Terry99........

· Registered
12 Posts
Ok next step in the saga, Got a fake receipt from Fedex quoting $50 for freight to NZ from Seattle with $50 tax, he wants the other $100.... it seriously appears Terry 99 (Benelli Forum login id) along with toone d are scammers. He provided a fake receipt for shipping when the Fedex office is closed for the new year.... - seriously? so It appears I am now out $480 NZD.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Sorry havnt give any update to this thread in awhile.

OK, soldered all the PCB back & front but didnt do any different. I checked some more resistors and noticed that they were some not good ones, changed them.
It made difference temp sensor and throttle shows correct values now, but shows errorcodes with reader (high voltage). Will check for more faults and keep you updated.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts