Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realise im openenig myself up for ridicule her but....

I'm converting my 1130 tre into a track day bike (and converting back for occasional road trips) and need to decide on a paint scheme. Dont want to go the Goddard rep route as i'm sure ill get criticised for not duplicating it accurately enough!

So suggestions please..

At the moment my preference is for a Benelli variant of the Ducati "gulf" scheme.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I do like the Gulf scheme, but for my money it would have to be the Goddard scheme. Go on, you can pretend you are Peter Goddard as you pootle round in 13th place :rolling:
Seriously though, I don't think anyone would have a go for not replicating it accurately I am sure we would all just love to see an 1130 with full race kit painted in the WSB colours ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm currently trying to decide the same. Russ has my bike at the moment to re-map and sort suspension ready for track daying next year, so have until its done to make my mind up on a paint job or leave it bare for the first few outings so as not to tempt fate. Been looking at a scheme based on a pearl white/black Pagani Zonda F with red detailing that I found on Google images.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JBC - had a look on www and yes thats a clean modern colour scheme.

What have/are you doing to your bike with RR ... would be interested to exchange notes as i'm new to preparing a track bike.

So far my plan is:
fibreglass pannels - bought from Dino
Crash bungs -on order with Alex
wheels - looking
tank - looking for one
exhaust - trying to source
clutch cover (exposed dry clutch on 1130) - will look into a CNC one
bike trailer - sourced off eBay
padock stands - Motax on order

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
have you seen the other r&g bungs on ebay fork, swinging arm & i can't remember if it was a clutch housing cover???

·
Registered
417 Posts
JBC - had a look on www and yes thats a clean modern colour scheme.

What have/are you doing to your bike with RR ... would be interested to exchange notes as i'm new to preparing a track bike.

So far my plan is:
fibreglass pannels - bought from Dino
Crash bungs -on order with Alex
wheels - looking
tank - looking for one
exhaust - trying to source
clutch cover (exposed dry clutch on 1130) - will look into a CNC one
bike trailer - sourced off eBay
padock stands - Motax on order
I picked up my Termi carbon off ebay for bargain price... OK so then did have to shell out on getting link pipe made, but could be an option for you.

Dont put too nice/expensive paint job on it... else you will be worried about chucking it down the track still! :D
Cheapest quote I got was £250 to spray the four pieces - single colour per piece which I thought too much... all places wanted to do a proper job on it. I justed wanted a quick job to make it look nicer than unfinished GRP.

Gulf scheme looks nice though :)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
& i can't remember if it was a clutch housing cover???
Balance shaft cover actually Sparkey :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
My basic bike is fairly standard at the moment: engine, brakes, suspension etc. Russ is currently getting rid of any unwanted road gear, relays etc, mapping for the race exhaust and suspension set-up. I'll probably upgrade bits thro next season.
To date i've sorted:
Bodywork: Skidmarx
Crash protection: R&G front/rear spindle, aero crash bungs.
Exhaust: LeoVince Evo 2 carbon can/titanium link pipe.
Rearsets: Robymoto WSB adjustable.
Tyres: Pirelli SuperCorsa SC.
520 Race chain / sprocket set.
Trick bits: Robymoto preload adjusters / Robymoto race filler.
Keep posted about your progress, cheers, Dave.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
My basic bike is fairly standard at the moment: engine, brakes, suspension etc. Russ is currently getting rid of any unwanted road gear, relays etc, mapping for the race exhaust and suspension set-up. I'll probably upgrade bits thro next season.
To date i've sorted:
Bodywork: Skidmarx
Crash protection: R&G front/rear spindle, aero crash bungs.
Exhaust: LeoVince Evo 2 carbon can/titanium link pipe.
Rearsets: Robymoto WSB adjustable.
Tyres: Pirelli SuperCorsa SC.
520 Race chain / sprocket set.
Trick bits: Robymoto preload adjusters / Robymoto race filler.
Keep posted about your progress, cheers, Dave.

Now that's sounding good, do we have pictures ?

:)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jbc - what have you done/plannig as a paint job on the bike. I cant justify a £1,000 professional paint job as some shops are asking for ...

Looking at tring to find a local paint shop and a simple 2 colour schem and getting it down to the 300-500 mark.

any contacts/advice.

Interested in the Robymoto rear sets and filler - where did you source these from?

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Interested in the Robymoto rear sets
If you are stuck sourcing these Nige, please let me know and I'll get a price for you. Exchange rate is still crappy though :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Robymoto stuff and chain/sprocket set was from Laurence and his great group buys. :clap:
As far as the paint scheme goes, i've already had the wheels painted satin black with an orange pin stripe that matches the pearl orange paintwork of my frame. When I get the bike back from Russ then it will just be a matter of fitting the bodywork and trying to work the Zonda paint scheme out to look right: carbon coloured lowers and central stripe, remaining bodywork pearl white with orange detailing. (Maybe for first outing gel coat white :doh: , just in case).

nfitz, where are you based?

I'll post some pics as soon as shes done, and when i figure out how. Tried posting pics of Pagani Zonda F that scheme is based on but was too big.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jbc - I'm based nr Skipton so not too far away.

If your in contact with the Russmister then I could do with getting my bike in to him when completed for a once over and check the map/fueling.

Are you looking into adding a powercommander?

What are you doing to prottect the clutch - i'm verry concerned wihtt he exposed (ducati style) dry clutch and need to work something out to protect this.

Lawrence - out of interest can you price up ro rear sets, filler and chain set ..
I take it my new 39tooth rear sprockeet isnt compatible with the std 530 chain on an 1130.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not far at all, i'll let you know prices for the paint job, got a couple of friends with bodyshops so have a few options. Just dont want to make her too pretty that i'll be scared to give it the beans!!
I know Russ is really busy so i've left the bike with him for as long as he needs it, told him no rush, but cant wait to get it back and get finished.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
...Been looking at a scheme based on a pearl white/black Pagani Zonda F with red detailing that I found on Google images.
My curiosity lead to wander round Google images - Wow!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts