Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just fitted a 15 tooth front sprocket (standard is 16) and what a difference,lost a small amount of top speed but wow it accelerates even quicker than standard as you would expect but still very usable,had to remove a link from my chain as the adjustment maxed out but well worth the effort and price.The sprocket itself is a Renthal item that has been machined/modified slightly to fit the TNT and Tornado and was supplied by Russell at Bennetts (Rusty Russ) straight off the shelf.I'd recommend it to everyone except those long distance/touring types,top fun for little money.:D :)

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Nearly 2 years ago I went 3 up on the back on my 05 TNT, as you say gives lots more arm stretch ;) (1 down on front is the same as 2.5 up on the back) I have kept my 07 sport as standard as its' running to well to touch.(at the moment):D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nearly 2 years ago I went 3 up on the back on my 05 TNT, as you say gives lots more arm stretch ;) (1 down on front is the same as 2.5 up on the back) I have kept my 07 sport as standard as its' running to well to touch.(at the moment):D
Was there enough adjustment left to go to 39 teeth or did you have to replace the chain?
Cheers
Mike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I used a 41 off a Tornado on one of my TnT's, no problem with the chain, I think it only became an issue when I tried a 44.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Chain adjustment tool?

Hi All

I've been the owner of a 2005 TnT for a couple of months now and have found this forum fantastic in my quest for knowledge. Can't find an answer for my latest dilema though - my bike has a tool kit but I cannot see a specific tool for adjusting the chain eccentric adjusters.....is there supposed to be one, or is there a method which dosn't require the need for a special tool?:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
You need to get your hands on a specific tool to adjust the chain. (Part Number R300097147000) See page 93 of the Workshop Manual.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Lets make a tool

Does anybody have one of those tools that they could photograph.
It would be a sinch to make one.

I could probably draw one up and also include a "how to make this tool" with a parts req. and place it on the site.
For the DIY's out there

Any interest out their?

Paul

·
Registered
71 Posts
The idea of making a tool is really appealing, just had a quote of £104.11 for the Benelli item!!!:( Anyone out there with the dimensions of the Benelli tool?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
the idea of having to go to a dealer all the time to adjust the chain is not very appealing or cost effective .Does anyone make a spring loaded tensioner that could be modified to fit ???

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here's one of a pair I made, its a strip of 25mm steel with an M10 shouldered bolt with the head cut off to go in the axle and another M10 bolt, with a piece of hose pushed on it to protect the adjuster, at 45mm centers. Using the pair its easy to move the adjusters.

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Nice one Huggy................and I bet you it cost a lot less than £104 :clap:

·
442 Posts
Cool Huggy i might try one for myself.right now i'm useing a rubber malet and a stick of wood.:D :D
the bolt that goe's into the axel hole does that need to be a allan key type bolt or just a normal bolt.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just used a large spanner (open end one side ring the other) and socket extension bar. loosen the 4 holding pinch bolts, put the open end side of the spanner in the slots (with a rag to avoid scratching) put the socket extension bar through the ring side of the spanner and use like a T bar. Had to do this as the previous owner had turned the cam adjusters upside down! (for extra height I assume?)

Alternatively I also used a 12mm allen key on the already tighten spindle bolts this worked a treat to.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
70 Posts
Its just a normal shouldered bolt with the hex head cut off and then fixed to the bar with two nuts, I did this so that the part that went into the axle is smooth as threads might mark the axle nut.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do the various TNT models all run the same sprockets? I ask because my 07' CR tops out at 242kmh when it hits the rev limiter. While more speed is always nice Im tempted to trade it for better jump.
Don't have my bike handly to count the teeth but Im interested if anyone else changed sprockets on the CR

·
Registered
41 Posts
gearing question?

I have a 15 tooth sprocket from rusty fitted, is the speedo off the crank or front wheel, if so how much is the speedo out _ is it as simple as 1/16 about 7% different<>? My maths is pants

·
Registered
71 Posts
Your speedo pick-up is off the rear wheel, it senses off the rear disc, so no worries with your speedo accuracy changing.:)

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
After loosening the pinch bolts I have always used the 12mm Allen key in the spindle cap to tighten the chain and squeezed the chain together to loosen if I felt it was to tight, then tightened the pinch bolts...never had any need for the tool

1 - 20 of 21 Posts